Ford Fusion factory filter cut open

Status
Not open for further replies.
Off my co workers new 2019 Ford Fiesta. Had 2k on it when I changed the oil. No idea who makes this one but looks darn solid. Put a FRAM ULTRA 3614 and some Mobil 1 5w20 he brought over in and on.

20190424_193651.jpg

20190424_193647.jpg

20190424_193659.jpg

20190424_194101.jpg

20190424_194113.jpg

20190424_194140.jpg

20190424_194157.jpg

20190424_194200.jpg

Thank you for the cut and post
thumbsup2.gif

That factory filter is a Mann. The white ADBV and 4-hole baseplate are Mann signatures
smile.gif

Originally Posted by slacktide_bitog
Thank you for the cut and post
thumbsup2.gif

That factory filter is a Mann. The white ADBV and 4-hole baseplate are Mann signatures
smile.gif

You are welcome and thanks for the info
smile.gif

Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson
Looks pretty good Adam. That early OCI on that new engine certainly isn't going to hurt it. The color on the old filter is very light.

Yeah, he's like my dad; go few thousand miles and change the oil out early

Expecting to see Wix made, first glance wondered who made this filter. Then saw comment about four inlet holes, and noticed the unique oblong design. I suspect lighting also doesn't show adbv is white-ish in color? So being made outside the US, Mann has the FoMoCo FF contract. I googled where Fiesta made and in one entry Forbes magazine said it will not return for 2019 model year. Looks like they missed that one.

Seeing as latest US anecdotes for FoMoCo FF show Wix made, seems M&H has the Ford oil filter factory contracts in some form or another.

Thanks for c&p.

Originally Posted by Sayjac
I googled where Fiesta made and in one entry Forbes magazine said it will not return for 2019 model year. Looks like they missed that one.

Side note - Ford is discontinuing making cars, except for the Mustang. Their main focus in the future will be trucks and SUVs, along with the Mustang.

Originally Posted by ZeeOSix
I googled where Fiesta made and in one entry Forbes magazine said it will not return for 2019 model year. Looks like they missed that one.

Side note - Ford is discontinuing making cars, except for the Mustang. Their main focus in the future will be trucks and SUVs, along with the Mustang.

In North America/the US only.

Expecting to see Wix made, first glance wondered who made this filter. Then saw comment about four inlet holes, and noticed the unique oblong design. I suspect lighting also doesn't show adbv is white-ish in color? So being made outside the US, Mann has the FoMoCo FF contract. I googled where Fiesta made and in one entry Forbes magazine said it will not return for 2019 model year. Looks like they missed that one.

Seeing as latest US anecdotes for FoMoCo FF show Wix made, seems M&H has the Ford oil filter factory contracts in some form or another.

Thanks for c&p.

You are more than welcome Jack. I have a 2019 Ford fiesta hatchback factory filter to cut and post. Had 6k on it. Its purolator made also. Stay tuned

Originally Posted by 53' Stude
I have a 2019 Ford fiesta hatchback factory filter to cut and post. Had 6k on it. Its purolator made also. Stay tuned

I know the Ford factory installrd filters on the Coyote have been WIX made. Sounds like Ford has many suppliers.

Originally Posted by BlueOvalFitter
53' Stude, thanks for the C&P.
That is one well built filter. Too bad they're not sold to the public.

Here you go
smile.gif

Hengst H315W
Mahle OC1051
Bosch F026407078
Mann W7008
Purflux LS934

I have a 2019 Ford fiesta hatchback factory filter to cut and post. Had 6k on it. Its purolator made also.....
I don't think I remember seeing a Puro made FoMoCo FF. Be interested in seeing that one.

I was aware that Ford was dropping many of their PC vehicles, add the article stating the Fiesta would not return for 2019, thus my surprise to see it posted as topic vehicle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back