NEW Motomaster OE Plus Filter (Canada only)

New on store shelves at Canadian Tire is the Motomaster OE Plus Filter made by Champion Labs.

Highlights:

99% efficiency (no micron rating though)
Up to 10,000 miles or 16,000 km interval
Synthetic blend media
Steel shell
Silicone ADBV
Competes with FRAM TG
Regular price $9.99. ($7.99 until this Thursday)
Good choice for those who like the FRAM TG but don't like the pricing. This is a good alternative.

NOTE: Louvers on some filters were CLOSED, so quality control is a bit of an issue. Check the inside before purchasing.

Enjoy the pics. Sorry, no cut open pics.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

The louvers I can see in the photo look opened up pretty good.

I will say that's a pretty reasonable price for Canadian Tire, at least for a lot of applications. It won't compete well in comparison to the price of the Wix for my F-150, but it's in the ballpark for the G37.

Originally Posted by ZeeOSix
The louvers I can see in the photo look opened up pretty good.

Yup. I checked before buying. I plan to use this in the Murano.

I picked a few other ones at random to check the louvers, and they didn't look good.

Thanks for the post, that was really quick. I didn't even know these existed a week ago.

What a odd filter, you would think they would want to compete with the Ultra. TG is a rather obscure filter even on BITOG.

Originally Posted by maxdustington
What a odd filter, you would think they would want to compete with the Ultra. TG is a rather obscure filter even on BITOG.

To me, it makes sense. CT had way too many "bottom end" filters. There were way too many nitrile ADBV skimpy media options to choose from, and at inflated prices - Motomaster, Fram orange can, Quaker State. The alternative was totally the other direction, getting a Fram Ultra or an M1.

I just bought a couple of these to give them a try. One spin on- is heavy, louvers are open but nothing special, silicon ADV , bypass valve looks like a plastic button at the bottom of the centre tube. We will see.
Second is a cartridge filter, cage/centre tube looks cheap, lots of media and glued well enough. It would be nice is they provided some useable efficiency numbers.
Both made in the U.S. of A.

Originally Posted by Garak
Originally Posted by maxdustington

To me, it makes sense. CT had way too many "bottom end" filters. There were way too many nitrile ADBV skimpy media options to choose from, and at inflated prices - Motomaster, Fram orange can, Quaker State. The alternative was totally the other direction, getting a Fram Ultra or an M1.

You want some more bottom end filters to choose from? You got it. "Certigard" brand has also made its way onto the shelves, in limited part numbers. It is a basic FRAM with nitrile ADBV. For my application, the 7317, is priced at $5.00. I'm surprised FRAM still makes filters with the nitrile ADBV since the OCOD is now silicone. IIRC, the efficiency rating is 95% (with no micron rating) and the suggested interval simply states "meets OE".

Motomaster filters' ADBV is now silicone made, just like the OCOD.

Originally Posted by WobblyElvis
I just bought a couple of these to give them a try. One spin on- is heavy, louvers are open but nothing special, silicon ADV , bypass valve looks like a plastic button at the bottom of the centre tube. We will see.
Second is a cartridge filter, cage/centre tube looks cheap, lots of media and glued well enough. It would be nice is they provided some useable efficiency numbers.
Both made in the U.S. of A.

The bypass valve is the same as the M1 filter. I am running the M1-108A on the wife's Murano and visually, the filter is exactly the same as the MOEP except for the suggested interval -- M1 is 20,000 miles/1 year. MOE is 10,000 miles.

Glad to see CT getting their brand updated. Good option which is probably built like the M1 filter.

Originally Posted by sir1900
You want some more bottom end filters to choose from? You got it. "Certigard" brand has also made its way onto the shelves, in limited part numbers. It is a basic FRAM with nitrile ADBV. For my application, the 7317, is priced at $5.00. I'm surprised FRAM still makes filters with the nitrile ADBV since the OCOD is now silicone. IIRC, the efficiency rating is 95% (with no micron rating) and the suggested interval simply states "meets OE".

Motomaster filters' ADBV is now silicone made, just like the OCOD.

I knew about the orange can being upgraded, but you know how it is here in Canada. it takes time for it to work it's way through here. As for the Motomaster filter with silicone ADBV, I hadn't even heard that or seen that. That shows you how much I go to Canadian Tire these days.
wink.gif

Got mine. It wasn't on display and they had to get it from Parts. They had me pay for it at the counter. I picked up the 10060 for my 6.0 liter Chev. The part number is shared with Fram and also has a Motomaster stock number.

069085E0-46BA-404B-975B-FD244F9F42EA.jpeg

5C10A628-3E8E-4177-A614-4A73A0D9B094.jpeg

88E89A9D-A3DB-4CB8-B7B3-78E593FA7755.jpeg

Back