Baldwin B1400 Cut Open

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here ya go Subie

B605EC7F-619D-4DC8-A826-1BDD6C67033A.jpeg

8E11848C-521E-43E0-A7D9-81EAF81DE235.jpeg

2DAC4509-7B9D-483D-A69E-296786B40457.jpeg

C74AAFB8-06D1-4E5B-A893-A3A86C94505D.jpeg

I hope that goes on a Kawi V-twin riding lawn mower ....
smile.gif

.......................... tiny .....................................

Last edited:
Originally Posted by ARCOgraphite
I hope that goes on a Kawi V-twin riding lawn mower ....
smile.gif

.......................... tiny .....................................

I have no idea what it fits
Subie said he want to see it cut open
So got him one.....but your right it is tiny, but it seems to be well made

All the years using Baldwin fiters , great product no compromise Solid Filters . Lucky to have Truck & Trailer suply Store nearby .

Originally Posted by Garak
It's the specified Baldwin filter for my G37, though I tend to upside to the B1402, which is, oddly enough, cheaper. I've seen the blue glue as well.

Now I know why Nissan engines develop knocks in the Winter.

I would never put anything smaller than the Titan/Armada V8 filter on - and even that is small onnly 3/4inch taller. The only filter that worked for me EVERYTIME was the Honda S2000 racing filter by Filtech/Honda - but pricey at 14 bucks. QR25DE Engine only ran right with that filter. I would guess it is low efficiency.

I would check it out.

I never had noise in the winter that way, irrespective of filter size or ADBV material. In any case, I sometimes use the specified size, but upsize sometimes because that's all there is, but generally, the upsize on the G37 is actually cheaper, whether I'm looking at the old Wix spec (51365 versus 51356) or the new one (51358 versus 57356) or the Baldwin (B1400 versus B1402).

LEADED: A few years back, Acklands wanted like over $20 for the Baldwin filter. They obviously realized that was nuts and dropped it to under $5.

Looks awesome, thanks kstanf! Yes, it's an M20x1.5, so it fits a majority of what comes out of Japan (this size fits most Hondas, Subarus, Garak's G37, Nissans, etc). B1400 is the smallest of the trio, with B1402 and B1431 being the taller siblings; B1431 is a PH3600 size equivalent with metric threads. The Outbacks and Foresters have enough clearance and height to run them, but I highly doubt it will fit my Impreza without resting against the exhaust heat shields AND hanging low enough to catch road debris. Pass.
smile.gif

As 53' Stude has said, there's a reason his dad just sticks with Baldwin. That filter looks solid with a capital bedrock, nitrile adbv notwithstanding. Thanks again for the C&P!

Originally Posted by SubieRubyRoo
Looks awesome, thanks kstanf! Yes, it's an M20x1.5, so it fits a majority of what comes out of Japan (this size fits most Hondas, Subarus, Garak's G37, Nissans, etc). B1400 is the smallest of the trio, with B1402 and B1431 being the taller siblings; B1431 is a PH3600 size equivalent with metric threads. The Outbacks and Foresters have enough clearance and height to run them, but I highly doubt it will fit my Impreza without resting against the exhaust heat shields AND hanging low enough to catch road debris. Pass.
smile.gif

As 53' Stude has said, there's a reason his dad just sticks with Baldwin. That filter looks solid with a capital bedrock, nitrile adbv notwithstanding. Thanks again for the C&P!

Your very welcome ðŸ‘
I'd like to find a Hastings brand to compare to the Baldwin
to see if the internals are the same.

Garak , Sir I pay Between 6$ to 7$ for my Baldwin filters 15 Fusion , 17 Escape . But 19 Equinox used Wix WL10290 till Baldwin filter is available.

That's not half bad, either. I'd buy the Baldwins more often, given the price I get, but the hours and location aren't all that convenient. There's a diesel shop apparently that sells them as well, but I'm not sure of the price or how big of a line they offer.

They're quite a bit more expensive than a B1400/B1402/B1431 at around $20 for an individual filter, but has anyone ever looked into using a Baldwin BT40034 on a vehicle that has a lot of room for a long oil filter like an Infiniti G37 , which is pretty much a 5.5in long version of the B1431 meant to be used on Nacco heavy equipment, it has a 14psi bypass valve, is spec'd with the same "L70-45" media that the aforementioned B14XX filters have, the only thing that I would find iffy is they are only rated at 100psi max operating pressure where the other filters are like 150, and I know at high revs some of those Nissan engines can go a little over 100psi. I've found a site petroil.net (I'm not sure about them) is selling cases of the BT40034 for like $100 after shipping although on the same site you can get a case of B1431's for half the price.

Originally Posted by blufeb95
They're quite a bit more expensive than a B1400/B1402/B1431 at around $20 for an individual filter, but has anyone ever looked into using a Baldwin BT40034 on a vehicle that has a lot of room for a long oil filter like an Infiniti G37 , which is pretty much a 5.5in long version of the B1431 meant to be used on Nacco heavy equipment, it has a 14psi bypass valve, is spec'd with the same "L70-45" media that the aforementioned B14XX filters have, the only thing that I would find iffy is they are only rated at 100psi max operating pressure where the other filters are like 150, and I know at high revs some of those Nissan engines can go a little over 100psi. I've found a site petroil.net (I'm not sure about them) is selling cases of the BT40034 for like $100 after shipping although on the same site you can get a case of B1431's for half the price.

Where is the 100 psi operating pressure spec coming from? What's the burst pressure spec?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back