More govt motors garbage!

Status
Not open for further replies.
15 suburban AC condenser failed. GM is having lots of problems with these. Junk design! Worse design to get to it.

And my wife wonders why I'm always in a foul mood!

IMG_20190424_123806.jpg

IMG_20190424_123811.jpg

IMG_20190424_123813.jpg

IMG_20190424_123818.jpg

This should be interesting.

I wonder how this stacks up against Audi or the likes. It always looks scary to see what has to come off--but some mechanics swear that they are designed to come apart and make the job easier, not harder. Dunno--not a mechanic.

At least it's 4 years old. Wife had a Civic that couldn't go 2 years without needing something for the a/c.

If your home life is influenced by your day at work, maybe you are in the wrong profession. Leave it to someone who can handle it.

I don't feel bad for people who complain about their jobs. Your job is just a means to afford your life outside of it. It's just a paycheck (it should be, anyway). Nothing to get all upset about. go to work, do your job, leave it at the door and go home.

Someone needs to bring you an Audi so you can put it into "service mode."
laugh.gif

In all fairness, my Jeep's condenser is pretty buried. How hard was this to get to?

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Chris142
15 suburban AC condenser failed. GM is having lots of problems with these. Junk design! Worse design to get to it.

Looks easier than the heater core (& likely evaporator) that the XJ in my sig needs!

a lot of car parts are high labor $$$$ to replace these days, like sisters 2010 malibu headlight bulb that requires removing the front gill assembly.

Originally Posted by emmett442
If your home life is influenced by your day at work, maybe you are in the wrong profession. Leave it to someone who can handle it.

I don't feel bad for people who complain about their jobs. Your job is just a means to afford your life outside of it. It's just a paycheck (it should be, anyway). Nothing to get all upset about. go to work, do your job, leave it at the door and go home.

Or find a job you like better.

I don't know if this tops Nissan/Infiniti, who used to (and maybe still does) use those combo radiator/condenser units. Want to remove the radiator? Got to remove the condenser too. Radiator failed? Have to purge the AC system to replace it.

Originally Posted by NoNameJoe
I don't know if this tops Nissan/Infiniti, who used to (and maybe still does) use those combo radiator/condenser units. Want to remove the radiator? Got to remove the condenser too. Radiator failed? Have to purge the AC system to replace it.

I've never heard of nor seen a combo unit on a Nissan. What years/models are you referring to?

In this century I've owned a bunch of HyunKia's and some GM stuff. Although I keep my fingers crossed about spectacular HyunKia failures-- fires, exploding engines, etc.-- each has been bulletproof. GM cars have been plagued by small replacements that are part of large units, hard to replace. Power steering electrical units, fuse blocks cause of one bad fuse connection, pcv valves that require large parts of engines to be replaced, etc. No lemons, but each of the GM cars have run me over a thousand in stupid stuff.

Originally Posted by emmett442
Your job is just a means to afford your life outside of it. It's just a paycheck (it should be, anyway).

I get your point directed at the OP. But, at age 63 I don't regret my career pursuits and am so grateful I don't have that kind of attitude about something you spend at least 40 hours a week doing.

Originally Posted by 28oz
Originally Posted by NoNameJoe

I've never heard of nor seen a combo unit on a Nissan. What years/models are you referring to?

https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-sedan-v36-2007-08/461107-radiator-crack.html#post7117828

Originally Posted by Chris142

Its better to be tired, than hungry! Be glad for the billable hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back