Direct Injection Specific oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Subscribed
36.gif

Very true. $14 a qt is pricey. I guess the article, although not saying on their website, that the oil contains 250 Ca

If you have $15 to $20 per quart, Driven has an oil for your niche. I am known to go out of spec, but I'm not sure what they are claiming here. Are there any data sheets? I don't see any Starburst or dexos1 logo, for sure.

Originally Posted by Garak
If you have $15 to $20 per quart, Driven has an oil for your niche. I am known to go out of spec, but I'm not sure what they are claiming here. Are there any data sheets? I don't see any Starburst or dexos1 logo, for sure.

I swear JGR just trolls for mechanical issues and then dreams up market-geared "solutions" to them without bothering with all the trouble of seeking formal validation and approval.

The best specs you never saw designed for the best approvals it never had claiming to mitigate all manner of issues they can't.

Love how the 0w20 and 5w30 both say viscosity similar to 0w20 or 5w30. I doesn't have any specs. They recommend changed after each race. This is a racing only oil.

Originally Posted by OVERKILL
I swear JGR just trolls for mechanical issues and then dreams up market-geared "solutions" to them without bothering with all the trouble of seeking formal validation and approval.

Drive twice a year oils, male pattern baldness oils, oils for midlife crises (with enhanced anti-wear for a heavy foot).... They are missing out on so many marketing opportunities.

tiger862: Do they really, though? This is quoted from their 5w-30: "Sharing the same advantages as Driven's DI20 Oil, DI30 should be used in any direct injection engine that calls for 5W-30 motor oil, such as the Ford EcoBoost engines and the GM LT1 and LT4 engines. Viscosity typcial [sic] of 5W-30"

If they intend it only as a racing oil, they're really not doing a good job of making sure only racers are looking at it, considering they're saying any direct injection engine. Let's not bother with dexos1 Gen 2, or SN+, or A5/B5, let's go with Driven instead. I'm sure that's what's now in the AC Delco and Motorcraft bottles.
wink.gif

If they would show a data sheet that would show that the numbers mesh with SAE J300, that would at least be a start. It's designed for direct injection just because they say it is?

Interesting to me that they were losing engines in DIT race cars as I'm sure those vehicles were not spending much time in the "Low Speed" (low RPM is probably more accurate) regime that is part of the LSPI acronym!

Originally Posted by Virtus_Probi
Interesting to me that they were losing engines in DIT race cars as I'm sure those vehicles were not spending much time in the "Low Speed" (low RPM is probably more accurate) regime that is part of the LSPI acronym!

LOL I was thinking the same thing. Unless, for marketing, it translates to "Lead foot speed pre-ignition" ?!

Last edited:
Originally Posted by OVERKILL
Originally Posted by Garak

The best specs you never saw designed for the best approvals it never had claiming to mitigate all manner of issues they can't.

LOL agree.

Although this is 'interesting', I will stick to the certified Ravenol DXG/DFE, and M1 EP oils (albeit not Ford 945-A certified in the case of the Ravenol product), since I loathe Joe Gibbs to no end.
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back