Cigarette Lighter For A Gift

Status
Not open for further replies.
Local cigar shops often have really interesting lighters.

I've never smoked, but cool stuff is cool stuff. I picked up a pure copper dual flame lighter, that is too cool for words.

ZIPPO full size with ZIPPO fluid (NEVER a smell or taste) and a pack of replacement flints would be a fine gift. Make it chrome not brass, too much upkeep to keep it looking good.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Voleak
I want to get my friend a nice cigarette lighter for his birthday. He smokes cigarettes everyday, but will only smoke outdoors, so it tends to get really windy on occasion. So, I want to get a nice lighter than does a lot better in the wind than a $1 Bic lighter.

Such a nice friend, enabling a habit that will cause lifetime medical problems if it doesn't kill him sooner. Kinda like gifting shot glasses to an alcoholic.

Zippos are cool but a pain over time. This ain;t 1966.

I like wood stove matches in the cold and wind. I buy a big box of 500 and cut them in half and put them in a cigar stick match box.

My cigar smoking buddy has one of those arc lighters - but then ozone? Can it be used as a weapon or for welding?

BICs dont even work in the Winter up here unless you warm them up real good first..

Originally Posted by Mr Nice
Will you buy flowers for your friend when they die of lung cancer ???

Originally Posted by atikovi
Originally Posted by Voleak
I want to get my friend a nice cigarette lighter for his birthday. He smokes cigarettes everyday, but will only smoke outdoors, so it tends to get really windy on occasion. So, I want to get a nice lighter than does a lot better in the wind than a $1 Bic lighter.

Such a nice friend, enabling a habit that will cause lifetime medical problems if it doesn't kill him sooner. Kinda like gifting shot glasses to an alcoholic.

Good point! It's just that the idea of giving him a nice lighter was the first thing that came to mind. And, I got caught up in researching lighters, and seeing all kinds of cool ones that I thought he would love to own and show off when he was around other smokers. I will look into getting him a nice flashlight instead, because he likes to go fishing at the beach, and off a pier at night.

Originally Posted by JamesBond
There is a lighter fluid smell/taste when lighting up but that's part of the charm.

crackmeup2.gif

As if inhaling noxious fumes into your body ever had charm.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back