Where/how to get Polaris kits?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've tried setting up an account through their website but have been unsuccessful. Emailed them a couple of times without reply.
Seems their lab does a thorough job and reasonably priced, but I just can't get the ball rolling. Even searched on Amazon but didn't find them there!

Anyone have a link for me? Thx ðŸ‘ðŸ»

Google "OAI test kit" and you should be directed to the correct web page. Polaris and Oil Analyzers, Inc ("OAI") are the same source.

I have used Polaris and NAPA. They are both good labs and do not charge extra for TBN/TAN. NAPA is about $16.00

Polaris offers private label oil analysis and that is what Amsoil has done with OAI.

Last I looked, Polaris was only reasonable in price if you bought a 10 pack of the UOA kits.

I prefer either over Blackstone.

Thanks claluja- Yea I'd seen those UOAs and it was part of my motivation to get away from Black stone. Almost fear to see what my fuel % will be with Polaris. My viscosities have always been poor....
I like your 10w-30 idea ðŸ‘ðŸ»
Did you stay with Yamaha branded oil because of mechanic suggestion or BITOG feedback?

Last edited:
Originally Posted by noclutch
Thanks claluja- Yea I'd seen those UOAs and it was part of my motivation to get away from Black stone. Almost fear to see what my fuel % will be with Polaris. My viscosities have always been poor....
I like your 10w-30 idea ðŸ‘ðŸ»
Did you stay with Yamaha branded oil because of mechanic suggestion or BITOG feedback?

Used Yamalube mainly because I wanted to have an FC-W approved oil in there, and not sure that non-FCW oils have the combo of high HTHS and anti-corrosion stuff. Probably wouldn't matter, but . . . .

Currently running Amsoil marine 10w30 (no creeping up dipstick so far), and have Amsoil marine 10w40 lined for next oil change in a few months. Curious to see if it changes anything. I'm glad that I've finally been able to stop the oil from creeping up the dipstick, just not sure if it was the injectors or the oil.
Mine didn't make any oil for first 600-700 hours, then started making oil after I switched from Yamalube dino 10w30 to Yamalube synthetic 5w30. Now have finally stopped the creeping up the dipstick. Funny that the Amsoil is actually cheaper than the Yamalube dino. Will post when I have data on these different oils.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back