Ricks Seafoam Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://ricksfreeautorepairadvice.com/should-i-seafoam-my-engine/
Never cared for this product but there is always the expert who claims its claims. Found this 5 minute read and wanted to share. I think it comes to what I hear a lot on here AND that is change your oil regularly and PEA based products work.If this is a helpful bit of information to anyone then your welcome. Game 7 tonight NHL Vegas vs. San Jose too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting read, I wonder it it would be correct to drill a small hole in the plastic intake hose aft of the MAS to inject cleaner in the intake manifold. This puts it aft of the MAS which is recommended by all cleaners that I have seen. You could then Tape over the small hole to keep any unfiltered air out of the intake.

Originally Posted by gotnogunk
Interesting read, I wonder it it would be correct to drill a small hole in the plastic intake hose aft of the MAS to inject cleaner in the intake manifold. This puts it aft of the MAS which is recommended by all cleaners that I have seen. You could then Tape over the small hole to keep any unfiltered air out of the intake.

...or tap the hole and put in a small water/methanol nozzle. I ran that at a 20% distilled water / 80% methanol mix by volume, and it did wonders for cleaning up the gunk in the intake and on the valves. It even cleaned up the chambers and piston tops.

I personally feel that as long as you use quality fuel, your injectors (and rest of the fuel system) will be fine and no need for seafoam. Seafoam in the oil did absolutely nothing for me.

I would not run it through the intake. Its 50% oil. No reason to run that and make smoke. It you want to run something though the intake, pick a solvent without oil in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back