Anyone hear of or use Xcel plus engine treatments ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
xcelplus.com
Here's another oil , gas, engine treatment company , whats the scoop on this stuff ? S
confused.gif
nake oil ?

[ October 10, 2003, 03:52 PM: Message edited by: rugerman1 ]

I think what they are claiming at this web site is that this is the orginial stuff developed by a guy before PTFE started being put into in and they named it SLICK 50. They make lots of claims that the military has tested it, etc.

I think I will stick to motor oil and Auto-RX if I need to clean my engine. Whenever a new oil supplement or engine treatment comes out, I am still interested, but I have almost completely lost faith in all of this stuff, with the exception of Auto-RX, which is being tested by Aaron now. If a person really wanted to use an oiol supplement or engine treatment, it would probably be best in my opinion to use stuff from oil companies. Schaeffer's and Valvoline both make stuff that can be added to the oil.

I did a BBB check & the company's a Auto repair shop in Virginia . Slick website & sales pitch though.
There's gold in them thar hills .
The oil additive hills that is... !

That product is being sold through an auto repair shop? The product they claim has been tested by the US military and they cliam is superior to any other engine treatment? That is really interesting. I find it interesting that the BBB was willing to trace where the web site came from. Maybe it would be interesting to trace a lot of these oil supplements and engine treatments that keep popping up out of nowhere.

Yep, the phone #'s & address matched & it said the company was an auto repair business.
One positive note is it didnt have any complaints reported to the BBB . They must be mixing up thier own home brew in the back room.
A litle bit of this a little bit of that, presto, Oil treatment.
grin.gif

Well, I guess it is true that miracles sometimes have occurred in little shops, but you tell me in this day and age of high technology how a tiny car shop can outperform the mighty oil companies and develop a superior technology to what they can develop?

Now, it is true that I believe in Auto-RX and it was developed I think by basically one man.

But somehow I just cannot see somebody in a car shop developing an engine treatment that beats everything the major players can come up with.

Just a thought-they claim at that web site don't they that the US military tested this stuff? Check with the US military and see if the military has even heard of this stuff.

I remember somewhere that there were these people (not the same ones as above) claiming that their product had been used on US submarines. People checked and apparently the US Navy had never heard of these people. These people are bold as bass.

In fact, if these people engage in false advertising, they could be reported to the FTC. The FTC has already nailed a bunch of these oil supplement-engine treatment people. Go to the FTC web site-several have been fined.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back