Cigarette Lighter For A Gift

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to get my friend a nice cigarette lighter for his birthday. He smokes cigarettes everyday, but will only smoke outdoors, so it tends to get really windy on occasion. So, I want to get a nice lighter than does a lot better in the wind than a $1 Bic lighter. I am thinking I need to spend at least $20 but no more than $40 for something he can keep forever, and just keep adding lighter fluid when needed. I have been looking at Zippo lighters, but some reviews say that there is a very strong lighter fluid smell and taste when using them. A torch lighter looks very cool, but are they meant for cigars, would they just totally fry a cigarette?

I never smoked, so please recommend a nice lighter in the $20 - $40 range.

Last edited:
I like the occasional cigar, but using a zippo has never left a funny taste in my mouth, I'd go with one of these. You can find some really cool looking ones. You can use a torch lighter on a cigarette just fine though.

Last edited:
Cabelas has some lighters that light in high winds. I bought one for Elk and Mule Deer hunting. Best money ever spent

Well I looked on amazon and I see a lot of electric arc lighters. Those could be cool. Never tried those always used the waterproof butane style.

Only the first drag Tastes like lighter fluid. I always liked Zippos even as a kid and have a couple and I don't smoke anymore.

Last edited:
Torch lighters work better in wind but a brass or chrome slim zippo is a cool lighter. The slim fits in a pocket easier.

There is a lighter fluid smell/taste when lighting up but that's part of the charm. Get some replacement flints, and lighter fluid.

Originally Posted by BobsArmory
Cabelas has some lighters that light in high winds. I bought one for Elk and Mule Deer hunting. Best money ever spent

I will look into Cabelas to see what they have, thanks.

Zippo is mentioned several times here. They do have a lot of different logos to choose from. Hmmmm. Good in the windy outdoors?

Originally Posted by Voleak
Originally Posted by BobsArmory

I will look into Cabelas to see what they have, thanks.

Zippo is mentioned several times here. They do have a lot of different logos to choose from. Hmmmm. Good in the windy outdoors?

If it's super crazy windy, you'll need to cup it. Otherwise, way better than a bic lighter.

I never smoked a day in my life, but I have a few Zippos. I do enough outdoor activities, that a lighter is always handy. Id rather have another Zippo than a fancy pen set. You dont need to be a smoker to appreciate Zippos.

I'm with you guys on how cool a zippo is but the first time it leaks gas in your pocket will be the end of that and dealing with refilling all the time gets old. Being a smoker I've tried a lot of different types of lighters and none is better than a simple Bic. If he is a true smoker he will have no problem lighting a smoke in the wind with a Bic.

If he uses Bic lighters they make a lot of cool cases or sleeves for them.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Voleak
I want to get my friend a nice cigarette lighter for his birthday. He smokes cigarettes everyday, but will only smoke outdoors, so it tends to get really windy on occasion. So, I want to get a nice lighter than does a lot better in the wind than a $1 Bic lighter. I am thinking I need to spend at least $20 but no more than $40 for something he can keep forever, and just keep adding lighter fluid when needed. I have been looking at Zippo lighters, but some reviews say that there is a very strong lighter fluid smell and taste when using them. A torch lighter looks very cool, but are they meant for cigars, would they just totally fry a cigarette?

I never smoked, so please recommend a nice lighter in the $20 - $40 range.

Good , do not ever start smoking . I quit around 1980 .

Ronson and Zippo were the old school brands .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back