New Michelin silicone wipers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw these at Wally World. Looks like they're meant to compete with the RainX & PIAA silicone blades.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

$40 for a set of wipers kind of grinds my gears. Guess I will give up the Red Line, buy Super Tech from now on and use the difference to buy wiper blades.

Originally Posted by sloinker
$40 for a set of wipers kind of grinds my gears. Guess I will give up the Red Line, buy Super Tech from now on and use the difference to buy wiper blades.

But Scotty Kilmer approves of them:

The connection point looks to be small enough. Problem I've seen is that some will have huge connector heads, getting in the way of vision & looking too bulky. Avoid "Universal Fit" jack-of-all-trades connectors and either get this Michelin if it fits, or get the "exact fit" for your vehicle.

A single blade like this is best.

Originally Posted by sloinker

Here, it would be a bargain.
wink.gif

Rain-X also has their new Advantedge Silicone Wiper Blades. Kinda pricey too but, it seem as others are jumping on the silicone wiper blade wagon as well. I wonder if they last forever! FOREVER!

Silicone blades are expensive, these are a moderate price compared to many silicone blades.
Plus if they last a lot longer, they could end up being cheaper in the long run.

Originally Posted by PimTac
I wonder who makes them?

They are made in Mexico by Pylon
cry.gif

Likely inferior to the US-made Trico Ultras, and they cost more than the Ultras, too
mad.gif

For what it's worth - I bought the version sold at Costco - they were cheap, but noisy. I bet they do not last a full year.

Too bad they're non refillable beam blades. What a waste.

Originally Posted by slacktide_bitog
Originally Posted by PimTac
I wonder who makes them?

They are made in Mexico by Pylon
cry.gif

Likely inferior to the US-made Trico Ultras, and they cost more than the Ultras, too
mad.gif

Even worse on so many accounts.

Originally Posted by JLawrence08648
I bought these same ones at Ollie's 2-3 years ago. Mildly, they stink!

^^^^^^This^^^^^^ is what makes BITOG such a valuable resource. First hand feedback from a user. Thanks. I can't believe myself here, I actually agree with Screamin' Scotty Kilmer. I don't know how long PIAA blades have been on the market, but the same set has been on my car since 2013. Six years and they work NICELY; don't squeak, chatter, skip, etc. Yes, I paid $60 for them, but now that's down to $10 per year. If the car (and wipers) last another 5 years, it'll be $4 year (negligible). Who would notice $4 yr?
Full disclosure: I buy the cleaner packs http://www.piaa.com/store/p/498-PIAA-Silicone-Window-Cleaner-Prep-Pack.aspx and keep them in the glove box. I also use Aquapel on my windshield. Aquapel is Rainx on steroids.

I've been using these for the last 3 years. Splash® Safeview Wiper Blade FREE After $3.97 Mail-in Rebate. From Menards. Good for about 2 years.

Originally Posted by Char Baby
Rain-X also has their new Advantedge Silicone Wiper Blades. Kinda pricey too but, it seem as others are jumping on the silicone wiper blade wagon as well. I wonder if they last forever! FOREVER!

I can say that the RainX Advantedge blades do not last forever. I put four total of these blades onto my two cars. One blade completely failed within 2 weeks; the center of the blade collapsed and no longer would wipe the center of my windshield. The remaining three started smearing black gunk onto my windshield within three months. I'm going back to Bosch Icons which reliably last over two years on the exact same cars.

Originally Posted by double vanos
I just drop by my local Ford dealer and buy the Motorcraft wipers. No more expensive than anywhere else and they fit. In Az they last about 2 years, then re-up.

Same here!
thumbsup2.gif
(They also function as well as, or even better than the Bosch Icons I've used on other cars in the past.
wink.gif
)

According to PIAA's site, they do not even have an adapter to install ANY of their wiper blades on my car's wiper arm attachment point..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back