bug/tar remover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stoner's Tarminator is my go-to and is around $6. Sometimes it needs to dwell a minute or so. But it easily wipes off. You can see the tar start to run and turn into a liquid. Wax or seal afterwards. Some professional detailers even use it to clean tires. Esp when they start to turn brown after a cheap tire shine was used. Walmart should carry it but I always get it at a local discount store.

Originally Posted by SatinSilver
Stoner's Tarminator is my go-to and is around $6. Sometimes it needs to dwell a minute or so. But it easily wipes off. You can see the tar start to run and turn into a liquid. Wax or seal afterwards. Some professional detailers even use it to clean tires. Esp when they start to turn brown after a cheap tire shine was used. Walmart should carry it but I always get it at a local discount store.

this is the best one

For bugs, I just use really )))HOT((( water. As hot as you can stand.
For tar, I just use some gasoline on a rag. And it won't hurt the paint as long as you're washing the vehicle soon, or wash down the treated area. And as long as the gas/on paint isn't baking in the sun with a full swath(((SPLAHHH))) of gas laying all over the paint. Even at $3/gal, gas is cheaper than B&T remover.

ZEP Lemon Clear. Comes in 5 gal concentrate, you dilute IIRC in water 3-1. Absolutely amazing stuff. Plus, nontoxic and biodegradable. We used it in rental cars, there wasn't a thing it couldn't get off of paint or out of carpets/seats. Never stained or ruined anything. Even got road paint spray off. Simply dissolved bugs and tar. And no film.

Don't think you can buy it anymore. ZEP pushes an orange-ish "citrus degreaser" in its place now. No clue if it's as good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back