incorrect mileage on reciept

Status
Not open for further replies.
The road hazard warranty details from Tire Kingdom clearly reads 12 months or 12k miles free replacement if the tire is not repairable, after mileage or time is excedded tire replacement is prorated. The receipt from Sunday states mileage is 27,500 but after washing the car last night I saw the mileage was 32,228. What this means to me is about 18% of the mileage part of the warranty is gone. I even asked her if they looked at the odometer or she just guessed the mileage and told them an approximate figure in the store at the counter. I believe her because she said they went out and opened the door for the size, wrote down stuff inside and checked the tire for the size too with a note pad. On the phone with her I was very specific about the V rating because last month they put V rated GY's and wanted the same exact tires including the speed rating just to make sure all 4 are exactly the same. This infuriates me and it seems like they did this on purpose. The only other possibility is the counter guy forgot the mileage on his walk back through the parking lot. She is going to call today to ask to have the record in the system is corrected so we get the entire 12k miles free replacement if there is a blowout or something. At the rate she picks up nails and screws its very possible the warranty will pay for itself. What are your thoughts?

It should be easily fixed. Any reasonable person could figure she cannot put that kind of miles on a vehicle within that period of time.

The guy must have been lazy. Pretty much everyone I ever dealt with goes out and gets the odometer reading.

So they put an old tire on and wrote the wrong mileage down, do they have a website with reivews? Sounds like they were trying to put one over on your wife.

Yeah, I'd talk to the Manager about this mileage discrepancy and the fact that one tires is OLD!
Personally, I wouldn't go there anymore if this type of practice keeps up...or, if you been experiencing this type of practice all along.

You mentioned(in the other thread) that you had recently purchased 2 new tires and still had them replace 2 tires.
What did the tire store do with the good tire that you replaced?

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Duffyjr
So they put an old tire on and wrote the wrong mileage down, do they have a website with reivews? Sounds like they were trying to put one over on your wife.

Yep, the mileage was about 5k off and one of the tires is over 4 years old. Yes, it does seem like they are trying to put on over. The first two they opened the hood for their "free inspection", she even said she asked them not to open the hood. I noticed when I got home the hood was not strait, they dident even close it to completely latch. I lifted slightly above the head light and it popped right up.

Last edited:
Sorry to point this out, but based on the mileage they entered, 39% of your warranty is gone, not 18%. Go to the store and get the bumblers to give you a correct receipt. Which Tire Kingdom store did you use?

This is why you have to go in personally, supervise what they do, and check all your paperwork before leaving the business.

Originally Posted by NormanBuntz
Sorry to point this out, but based on the mileage they entered, 39% of your warranty is gone, not 18%. Go to the store and get the bumblers to give you a correct receipt. Which Tire Kingdom store did you use?

Yep, you're right. So almost half of the mileage warranty is over just by an incorrect number put on the invoice. I honestly dont think it was an accident, it wouldent suprise me one bit if most people leave with incorrect mileage, it makes sense on the store, less time for them to eat the cost of the tire vs remaining prorated tread life. Im going to drive there this weekend, probably tomorrow and ask nicely for tire to be replaced with one thats not 4 years old and have the mileage corrected on the invoice. If they dont, I will call Visa and dispute the charge directly through them and see what they have to say.

Unfortunately I was unable to be there to take care of this myself. Next time, I will have to do everything in my power to be there.

My one Tire Kindom experience was not good. I intend to avoid them in the future.

I don't understand why you would continue to patronize an establishment that you can't trust... Particularly if this is your brides car, patronize someplace that can be trusted to take care of it without you having to stand there and lord over them. Wanting to have to stand and lord over them is one thing, actually HAVING to do it is another.

OH and I agree with getting the mileage corrected and asking for a newer tire.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by DuckRyder
My one Tire Kindom experience was not good. I intend to avoid them in the future.

I don't understand why you would continue to patronize an establishment that you can't trust... Particularly if this is your brides car, patronize someplace that can be trusted to take care of it without you having to stand there and lord over them. Wanting to have to stand and lord over them is one thing, actually HAVING to do it is another.

OH and I agree with getting the mileage corrected and asking for a newer tire.

I understand why you ask, but did so for a couple reasons. First, the two fronts a month or so ago went on, with road hazard and rotate and balance included its easier to deal with one store. Plus, they are building a brand new store two miles from my house that I planed on using for future tire needs, not the previous store. My solution to all this is to buy some used tire machines / balancer's and never deal with these places again.

Any BTW folks, I called and the mileage was changed over the phone. Called a second time to verify a different day with a different person what the invoice mileage reads and it appears to be corrected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back