Idiot motorcyclist rant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Jarlaxle
Were you the idiot weaving through heavy traffic on a CBR this morning?

Your reading comprehension is lacking.

If you had read my comments in this thread, you would know neither you nor any of the general public would ever see my wheelies...

And I avoid heavy traffic. I usually ride in the middle of the week, on scenic barely traveled roads. One of the benefits of being retired, with just fun hobbies to pursue.

Maybe you can explain how you justify advocating murder?

Last edited:
36.gif

It's amusing isn't it? just imagine the reaction if they actually saw me cruising along standing on the pegs, wheel in the air reducing wear on the front tire, in complete control, and enjoying myself. They'd be apoplectic.
mad.gif
grin2.gif

I don't care if you stand on the pegs (I do), it's the idiots I object to. Wheelies in traffic, lane splitting at highway speeds, 100MPH wearing a helmet (with mandatory fake mohawk), T-shirt, baggy jeans, and sneakers.
If the only one your riding endangers is yourself, I don't care.

After months of being blasted out of a sound sleep by a [censored] on an open-piped chopper EVERY NIGHT, I would have had an ear-to-ear grin on my face while taking a baseball bat to the idiot rider.

I saw a guy doing a wheelie the other day with cars in front of him and behind him on a three lane, 50 mph road. He rode it for at least a quarter mile before I lost sight of him (I was going the other direction). I have to admit, it gave me a little smile. Especially when I saw he was on a Kawasaki.
thumbsup2.gif

But if he were to crash in front of me and jam traffic for an hour while the emt's try to sponge him up off the highway, I don't think I'd be smiling then.

I've thought about getting a rocket, but always hesitant because I don't want to get the stigma placed on my shoulders by guys that do stuff like that!

Who cares what anyone else thinks? If you want a Sportbike, buy one. There are self-righteous people who will judge you for whatever you do, or whatever you have. They simply don't matter.

If you don't want the stigma of doing standup wheelies in traffic, then do as I do, and don't do them.

Originally Posted by 02SE
Who cares what anyone else thinks? If you want a Sportbike, buy one. There are self-righteous people who will judge you for whatever you do, or whatever you have. They simply don't matter.

If you don't want the stigma of doing standup wheelies in traffic, then do as I do, and don't do them.

Exactly...I'm 71 years old and ride a 900 Monster...almost all riders my age are on Harleys or a big touring bike..They ask me how i can ride an "uncomfortable" bike.. I ask them how they like their two wheel Buick.....Ride what you want and try not to be an idiot when riding in built up areas..

Originally Posted by SatinSilver
Originally Posted by atikovi
I'd rather have riders pulling a long wheelie on a busy road than soccer moms texting and talking on their phones on said road.

+1, or teenage girls texting/talking on phone. Give them a wide berth.

Eventually both will end up taking out some biker, which is exactly why I quit riding...

Morons exist in every form of transportation. Got wickedly cutoff by both a city public transport bus and a corvette on the same day riding my DL650. The corvette was behind me and thought that he was special, and the law didn't apply to him by changing lanes behind me on a solid line as I'm merging with the legal dotted line. Had to swerve back into the on ramp lane to avoid getting swiped.

I just assume the universe will dish out the karma and drive on.

Originally Posted by grampi
Originally Posted by SatinSilver
Originally Posted by atikovi
I'd rather have riders pulling a long wheelie on a busy road than soccer moms texting and talking on their phones on said road.

+1, or teenage girls texting/talking on phone. Give them a wide berth.

Eventually both will end up taking out some biker, which is exactly why I quit riding...

Phones should simply lock up and not take input when in motion. Such an easy fix to a dangerous problem.

They already do that (at least iPhones do), unless you turn the setting off. It's kinda dumb to force that, since there's nothing wrong with using a phone as a passenger.

It's easy to turn it on before getting behind the wheel, then turning it back off once you're there.

This behavior bothers me too, mostly because they are putting others safety at risk. They are having fun at the expense of the rest of us but I don't wish them ill
And yes it is the few bad apples that "spoil the bunch" but I think most of us try to be a good ambassador for our sport... be a good example... sometimes I even do a little more than I need to.

Originally Posted by bulwnkl
They already do that (at least iPhones do), unless you turn the setting off. It's kinda dumb to force that, since there's nothing wrong with using a phone as a passenger.

Sure, there's something wrong with it. It's rude and obnoxious.
wink.gif
Children should have video games or phones to keep them quiet in car rides, not adults.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by 02SE
He has more faith in his fellow road users than I do. But what really bothered me is his lack of gloves.

Thats the point...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back