Wiper Blades

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello.

So I am trying to find wiper blades that will correctly wipe my windshield.
I've noticed that the OEM frames have a different design towards the ends of the wiper compared to most aftermarket replacements.

Does anyone know where I can find an aftermarket blade that looks similar to the OEM frame?

The first photo is of OEM blade, second is of a Denso aftermarket blade of the same size. I circled the parts of the frames to show the differences in designs.

21C3F518-8B7A-451A-AD8C-657D23586C27.jpeg

59AA0891-B241-4808-94DC-04F4EC90D92F.jpeg

Last edited:
Bosch Excell are like traditional baldes and are excellent. Rock Auto should have them.

I would buy the OEM blades assuming they aren't super expensive. I know on must Honda's you can just replace the rubber blade itself when it wears out.

If you still have the oem frame then just but only the rubber inserts refill at the dealer. Nothing will beat those and they are usually under $10

Trico Titan and Bosch Focus are both fantastic. The Bosch Focus looks sleeker but the Trico Titan is Made in the USA so it wins in my book!

Last edited:
Studying the pressure point spacing, they look about the same with different design approach. Denso should be very good.

I got this car second hand, and it came with these really crappy blades with blue caps on them. The problem I'm having is that the aftermarket blades do not lay on the passenger side of the windshield correctly. I wasn't sure if the slight difference of the frame design would help. I guess I'll just have to go with OEM, I was just curious to see if there were any other close options that were available.

Last edited:
Each of those blades has six pressure points about equally spaced, just look different on the frame design.

Originally Posted by Fifthcell
Hello.

So I am trying to find wiper blades that will correctly wipe my windshield.
I've noticed that the OEM frames have a different design towards the ends of the wiper compared to most aftermarket replacements.

Does anyone know where I can find an aftermarket blade that looks similar to the OEM frame?

The first photo is of OEM blade, second is of a Denso aftermarket blade of the same size. I circled the parts of the frames to show the differences in designs.

the answer is simple, the OEM didn't go cheap. Notice on the OEM those rivets? Those are pivot points so the blade will follow the contour of the windshield glass surface. the aftermarket is just a stub holding the rubber, but where's the pivot point?! There isn't one.. Looks like aftermarket went the cheap route.

Is possible to get the oem version? Or too expensive?

I know on my bosch excel+ blades, they do have that rivet/pivot point, looks exactly like your oem picture. Check out excel + and see for yourself, I'm quite happy with them.

Can you still get wiper refills with the metal reinforcement strip in them? If so there's an option, if the frame design does not hit some portion of the windshield you "slightly" bend that metal in the refill to compensate.

However you are in IL, where it gets cold and snows in winter, and unless you swap your blades out for winter blades every year, I would look into the beam blades. They're not as easy to clean ice off of as true winter blades with the flexible sheath over them, but still a lot easier than the frame type pictured.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back