Credit card car wash

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the local car washes here got upgraded and cleaned up. No longer accepts coins. Takes a credit or debit card only

This is great! No bums were there to harass you while your spraying off your car.

Originally Posted by Chris142
One of the local car washes here got upgraded and cleaned up. No longer accepts coins. Takes a credit or debit card only

This is great! No bums were there to harass you while your spraying off your car.
How does paying with a CC keep panhandlers away? It doesn't work when I'm pumping gas.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Chris142

They are all back at your place tipping over that ore cart.

You get new kind of derelict who has a free car wash and wants to sell you that when you enter the code. Happened to me. I called car wash number and local pd was there in like 10 mins oddly.

GAs stations and credit cards......I had a bum walk up behind me at a gas station in west Memphis...I know not the best place but I was empty.....carrying a 5 gallon gas jug asking for some gas for something......I put a gallon in it just to get him away.....I thought that was weird. Still wondered what he was going to do with the gas....sell it for cash??

I like the bums that stop begging half-way thru a beg-sentence, to answer a constant ring on their IPhone. Out of the same front pocket falls a whole pack of cigarettes.

..... or the one in front of a supermarket parking lot that asked me three times in the past nine months for at least $2, to fill an empty gas can he's holding. Claims his vehicle is out of fuel.

Last edited:
My car wash requires 8 Quarters per cycle or $5 per cycle if I use the credit card. Go Figure!

I just save up my quarters.
coffee2.gif

Odds are you will see the price go up now too with the credit cards - most people don't notice.

That being said, I don't miss dropping a ton of quarters into the machine...

Every time i go to LAX there is a SHELL station prior to entering the airport, it never fails i'll get hit up for a couple of bucks by some guy that got stranded and needs money to get back home.
crazy2.gif

Originally Posted by TheLawnRanger
I like watching bums use a pizza box and an old newspaper as a laptop.

shocked2.gif

Wow, the US sure is an interesting place!

I don't think I'd use a credit card reader at a location as wide open and unwatched as a car wash. I've had my my cards skimmed at less sketchy places.

Three of our four vending machines at work have card scanners on them. No way I would scan my card at work for an eighty five cent drink much less a car wash.

Originally Posted by ddrumman2004
Three of our four vending machines at work have card scanners on them. No way I would scan my card at work for an eighty five cent drink much less a car wash.

Everything....I mean every purchase no matter large or small goes on a credit card. Then-each February a nice REBATE from the credit card company. AND YES-it gets paid off in full every month.

The place I use in the winter when I can't wash the car myself uses Credit Cards, Fleet Cards, and you can also use an App on your phone. I use the app on my phone because you save 25% that way, it's quite the basic app with no data collection so I'm fine with that. I also like that you can see how busy the wash bays and the automatic wash is on the App before driving over there. Gives you how many bays are free and average wait time for the automatic wash.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Lolvoguy
Originally Posted by TheLawnRanger
I like watching bums use a pizza box and an old newspaper as a laptop.

shocked2.gif

Wow, *drugs* sure are an interesting place!

FTFY lol
20.gif

Originally Posted by Schmoe
GAs stations and credit cards......I had a bum walk up behind me at a gas station in west Memphis...I know not the best place but I was empty.....carrying a 5 gallon gas jug asking for some gas for something......I put a gallon in it just to get him away.....I thought that was weird. Still wondered what he was going to do with the gas....sell it for cash??

Fumes?

This might encourage panhandlers more - now you can't use the "I already spent my change on the carwash" excuse or the "I have just enough change for the carwash" excuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back