Brake pads RAYBESTOS EHT1847H & EHT1848H

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi bitog
Just sharing some pics of brake pads I've got for my 17 Kia Sportage based on the recommendations from another thread
Maybe it'll be useful for someone

Screen Shot 2019-04-22 at 10.03.15 PM.png

IMG_1135.JPG

IMG_1136.JPG

IMG_1137.JPG

IMG_1138.JPG

IMG_1139.JPG

IMG_1140.JPG

IMG_1141.JPG

I have a set sitting in my garage that will be going on the Scion in a few hundred miles (current pads are still stock, almost 50,000 miles on them, just figured time to replace.

I was looking hard at the Akebono ProAct since they are supposed to be basically the same as OEM, but after reading about thee EHT pads, decided to give them a try for 1/3 the price.

Please make sure to post up how they do, I service a '07 Santa Fe as well as my 2018 Santa Fe XL. Always on the lookout for a good sleeper brake pad.

Originally Posted by blupupher
I have a set sitting in my garage that will be going on the Scion in a few hundred miles (current pads are still stock, almost 50,000 miles on them, just figured time to replace.

I was looking hard at the Akebono ProAct since they are supposed to be basically the same as OEM, but after reading about thee EHT pads, decided to give them a try for 1/3 the price.

Please make sure to post up how they do, I service a '07 Santa Fe as well as my 2018 Santa Fe XL. Always on the lookout for a good sleeper brake pad.

Will do, I'm planning to install it around this upcoming July.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by SlavaB

Well, mine should be in before that (mid June at the current rate).

Have quite a 50,000 mile service coming up on the Scion.
New pads all around (keeping rotors).
Drain old fluid from MC and lines Will use some DOT 4 fluid from Walmart.
Lube up all brake components with silicone grease (again).
Oil and filter change. (Castrol Magnatec 0w-20 and a Carquest (Wix made) Blue)
Drain and fill transmission (MaxLife ATF)
Drain and refill coolant. (NAPA Asian formula)
Rotate tires.
Change Air filter and cabin filter.
Wash, wax and detail inside and out.

Best part, my 16 yr old daughter that is about to get her license will have to do it all (with my supervision/assistance) before she gets the car.

Originally Posted by blupupher
Originally Posted by SlavaB

Well, mine should be in before that (mid June at the current rate).

Have quite a 50,000 mile service coming up on the Scion.
New pads all around (keeping rotors).
Drain old fluid from MC and lines Will use some DOT 4 fluid from Walmart.
Lube up all brake components with silicone grease (again).
Oil and filter change. (Castrol Magnatec 0w-20 and a Carquest (Wix made) Blue)
Drain and fill transmission (MaxLife ATF)
Drain and refill coolant. (NAPA Asian formula)
Rotate tires.
Change Air filter and cabin filter.
Wash, wax and detail inside and out.

Best part, my 16 yr old daughter that is about to get her license will have to do it all (with my supervision/assistance) before she gets the car.

oh wow, can you adopt me as well? JK
you're a good dad

I really like these pads. They are better than the Akebono ProActs on my Subarus, quiet and positive feel. I will use the EHT pads for as long as they make them. Best brake pads for the money I have ever used.

Excellent pad choice - I've been using them for a couple years on multiple vehicles from cars to trucks and they perform flawlessly in every application.

These also come in "Metallic" vs this "Hybrid" anyone used both?

I guess Metallic prob still gives better initial bite where as the hybrid is a good medium between a ceramic and metallic.

I bought those pads for a Nissan Sentra and found them too hard, it tents to squeak some times. I'll go back to the premium Wagner pads
much softer material.
On the other hand, I did LOVE the coated rotors from Raybestos.

Originally Posted by LazyDog
I bought those pads for a Nissan Sentra and found them too hard, it tents to squeak some times. I'll go back to the premium Wagner pads
much softer material.
On the other hand, I did LOVE the coated rotors from Raybestos.

I guess it can't work perfectly on every car, I still hope it will on my vehicle lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back