Mobil 1 D1G2 License

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interestingly M1 AFE 0w20 and M1 EP 0w20 has the same Dexos 1 Gen 2 license number but M1 AP 0w20 has different number. What does it mean?

This is not true per GM's dexos site...AFE is D10101GH015 and EP is D10105GH015 (AP is D10108GH015).

Interestingly enough, the M1 AP line was their first product group to have d1G2 license #s out on the shelves...however, that first batch of jugs/quarts also did not have the d1G2 logo on them. I think they came out before d1G2 went "live" and could not display the logo even though they had qualified under the new standard...d1G2 is a superset of d1 so anything that meets the former also meets the latter.

Originally Posted by Virtus_Probi
This is not true per GM's dexos site...AFE is D10101GH015 and EP is D10105GH015 (AP is D10108GH015).

Interestingly enough, the M1 AP line was their first product group to have d1G2 license #s out on the shelves...however, that first batch of jugs/quarts also did not have the d1G2 logo on them. I think they came out before d1G2 went "live" and could not display the logo even though they had qualified under the new standard...d1G2 is a superset of d1 so anything that meets the former also meets the latter.

Thank you, my bad, my eye played trick on me

Originally Posted by kr_bitog

Thank you, my bad, my eye played trick on me

You are welcome and no worries!
I had to look twice and thrice to make sure of what I was seeing...copied and pasted the license #s from the GM site to make sure I got them right.
I probably need to start wearing reading glasses on a chain around my neck so I will have them whenever I need them...

https://www.gmdexos.com/owner/brands/dexos1/index.html

Originally Posted by Virtus_Probi

And this makes sense, since they are all separate products.

Where we see the numbers are the same, it is because the product is the same, regardless of the brand the product is being sold under. This is most often the case with "house brands" and the like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back