2012 chevy equinox transmission fluid

Status
Not open for further replies.
welcome2.gif

Any licensed Dexron VI will be fine, so just shop on price
smile.gif

I like Castrol's Full Synthetic ATF. It often goes on sale a few times a year at the parts stores for $5/qt. Castrol Full Synthetic is licensed Dexron VI

Maxlife ATF is also very popular on here, even though it is not licensed. Widely available at Walmart at a great price. The best choice if you're out of warranty.

My wife had a 2012 2.4 Equinox and I did the fluid on hers with Castrol Dex VI. You'll get about 4 quarts out but it's important to check the level. You can do it from the driver's side if you turn the wheel all the way to the right. You'll see the plug as GM doesn't use dipsticks anymore. There isn't a filter to change either. Edit you can di it on the ground. No need to put the car on a lift.

Last edited:
I have a client with a 2014 Equinox 2.4L. At 64K he noticed it wasn't shifting as smoothly as he thought it should; I performed a double drain & refill with Amsoil Signature Series Fuel Efficient ATF. He is very happy with the results..."like new" he says.

I used Amalie full synth VI IN MY 16 NOX 3.6 . Got a good online by the case price can't remember the cost right now but I service my fleet by the severe Duty schedule which is 40000 miles in the nox on trans fluid. If you have AWD do not forget to do the transfer case.

Originally Posted by repairman54
I used Amalie full synth VI IN MY 16 NOX 3.6 . Got a good online by the case price can't remember the cost right now but I service my fleet by the severe Duty schedule which is 40000 miles in the nox on trans fluid. If you have AWD do not forget to do the transfer case.

And the differential! I did the Transfer and Diff last night on the wife's 2017 Nox she bought last weekend. Very easy and only a total of 1.5 qt of 75w90 to do both of them. Also did the MAF and Throttle Body cleanings. Very easy little gem of a vehicle to work on. Just have transmission left to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back