New Ford Ranger Rental

Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering you can get a 2019 Nissan Frontier (with manual crank windows!) here in the states for $20,000. (auto, air), that makes this Ranger look too expensive. There is a $6,000 difference between the cheapest 2wd models of Frontier vs. Ranger. (If you opt for the manual trans Frontier, the diff is greater.)

Originally Posted by oil_film_movies
Considering you can get a 2019 Nissan Frontier (with manual crank windows!) here in the states for $20,000. (auto, air), that makes this Ranger look too expensive. There is a $6,000 difference between the cheapest 2wd models of Frontier vs. Ranger. (If you opt for the manual trans Frontier, the diff is greater.)

I've also rented the Frontier and it can't compare to the Ranger. I liked the Frontier as well, but it is very crude compared to the Ranger, it reminded me more of an old S-10. The Frontier is a great basic truck for work, the Ranger is a great alternative to an SUV.

Originally Posted by dishdude

I've also rented the Frontier and it can't compare to the Ranger. I liked the Frontier as well, but it is very crude compared to the Ranger, it reminded me more of an old S-10. The Frontier is a great basic truck for work, the Ranger is a great alternative to an SUV.

Yep. I've probably driven my FILs 2017 Nissan Frontier crew cab 4x4 a total of 300 miles. It's about as old school as you can get. Takes about an acre to turn a circle and feels/sounds like that 4.0L is welded solid to the frame. Plus gets the same fuel economy as a full sized V8 powered pickup. The only advantage I can see in owning one is if you need/want something with a small footprint that can tow the same capacity as many full sized pickups.

Originally Posted by JTK
The only advantage I can see in owning one is if you need/want something with a small footprint that can tow the same capacity as many full sized pickups.
Or, one who doesn't want to pay the extra $6,000 for a Ranger. (Colorado has the same delta $6k) RWD, automatic, air equipped to compare.
Purchase price is a factor after all. Either for a consumer on a budget, or the "parts runner" NAPA auto parts pickup truck fleet as one example.

Originally Posted by Jarlaxle
Stupid vehicle. Stupid-big, stupid-tall,stupid-expensive, stupid-small bed. It's 90% the price of a fullsize truck, uses 90% the fuel...and half as capable. Stupid vehicle.
\

Yeah, I don't like having viable and competitive choices either.....

Originally Posted by JTK
The only advantage I can see in owning one is if you need/want something with a small footprint that can tow the same capacity as many full sized pickups.
Or, one who doesn't want to pay the extra $6,000 for a Ranger. (Colorado has the same delta $6k) RWD, automatic, air equipped to compare.
Purchase price is a factor after all. Either for a consumer on a budget, or the "parts runner" NAPA auto parts pickup truck fleet as one example.

Good point on the price.

Originally Posted by Danno
Only problem I see is that the radio is tuned to the wrong channel, other than that , looks good!
92 for the Masters....
What were you thinking?

Lots of the interiors come with fake wood …

My wife and I saw a new Ranger today at a redlight. When it took off, a noticeable puff of blue smoke came from the exhaust. We both saw the smoke and thought it was unusual for a new vehicle.

Originally Posted by Rumble
My wife and I saw a new Ranger today at a redlight. When it took off, a noticeable puff of blue smoke came from the exhaust. We both saw the smoke and thought it was unusual for a new vehicle.

Going down the highway last night I saw a late model Kia SUV go to pass a big rig. The cold of brown smoke made me wonder which vehicle was the real diesel.

I wonder if in your case it was the lighting conditions, making it look blueish. Of course there's always the chance that the vehicle is defective--every once in a while one gets out there that is defective from the factory, a real fluke.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by supton
Originally Posted by Rumble

Going down the highway last night I saw a late model Kia SUV go to pass a big rig. The cold of brown smoke made me wonder which vehicle was the real diesel.

I wonder if in your case it was the lighting conditions, making it look blueish. Of course there's always the chance that the vehicle is defective--every once in a while one gets out there that is defective from the factory, a real fluke.

Probably GDI soot. A gal I worked with used to follow me home most of the way, we lived a few blocks away. She would tell me that my Sonata would sometimes belch out black or brown smoke, and she thought my car was going to blow up. These GDI engines are dirty pigs.

The Ranger is much nicer looking than the Toyota Tacoma. I probably would buy the Toyota.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back