0 to 60 in 1.9 seconds...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same 0-60 as Mark Donahue . driving the 1969 Penskie Porsche 917-30 but, the 917 had a top speed of 249mph on the Lemans (sp) straightaway. Ed

Originally Posted by MrHorspwer
Will it do 0-60 in 1.9 seconds with Autopilot engaged and the driver asleep at the wheel?

I think you have to get an app for that...

Originally Posted by MrHorspwer
Will it do 0-60 in 1.9 seconds with Autopilot engaged and the driver asleep at the wheel?

LOL, probably.

I'll start the pricing pool at a cool million. Assuming it's ever produced with that power level.

Even crazier is the talk of putting hover jets on it. At the point the tires leave the ground, it's an aircraft.

I guess this would get me to the next red light before the next guy.

Originally Posted by JeffKeryk
Just sayin...
Tesla Roadster

The Dodge Demon, which I could go buy at my dealer right now, has a 0-60 of 2.1 seconds on non-drag tires:
https://www.motorauthority.com/news...60-mph-in-2-1-seconds-but-theres-a-catch

Here's the part all the Teslarati aren't going to like: Your world is somewhat fake. That claim by Motor Trend of a Tesla Model S P100D doing the 0-60 mph run in 2.28 seconds? It included rollout. The run without rollout? A slower-than-Demon 2.53 seconds.

And the Demon will get quicker, too. It will end up running 0-60 mph quicker than the official, no rollout, 2.3 seconds after people get their hands on it.

How do we know? Because Dodge hasn't tested it with drag slicks, but you can bet as sure as the sun rises tomorrow owners will, quickly.

Just sayin'
wink.gif

0-60 in 1.9 is sort of impressive.
The roadster has a higher top speed though when the rocket booster pack option box is checked.
And if I'm not mistaken, it isn't the only Tesla driven by a dummy.

"Elon Musk's Tesla Roadster is an electric sports car that served as the dummy payload for the February 2018 Falcon Heavy test flight and became an artificial satellite of the Sun. "Starman", a mannequin dressed in a spacesuit, occupies the driver's seat. Wikipedia
Launch date: February 6, 2018, 2:45 PM CST
Max speed: 75,560 mph
Names: SpaceX Roadster; Starman
Rocket: Falcon Heavy FH-001
Aphelion: 1.6637 au (248,890,000 km)
Manufacturers: Tesla, Inc., SpaceX

Originally Posted by OVERKILL
Just sayin...
Tesla Roadster

The Dodge Demon, which I could go buy at my dealer right now, has a 0-60 of 2.1 seconds on non-drag tires:
https://www.motorauthority.com/news...60-mph-in-2-1-seconds-but-theres-a-catch

Here's the part all the Teslarati aren't going to like: Your world is somewhat fake. That claim by Motor Trend of a Tesla Model S P100D doing the 0-60 mph run in 2.28 seconds? It included rollout. The run without rollout? A slower-than-Demon 2.53 seconds.

And the Demon will get quicker, too. It will end up running 0-60 mph quicker than the official, no rollout, 2.3 seconds after people get their hands on it.

How do we know? Because Dodge hasn't tested it with drag slicks, but you can bet as sure as the sun rises tomorrow owners will, quickly.

Just sayin'
wink.gif

The Demon is brutal, no doubt.
I think it was a limited production, one year only car?
Needs 100 octane to take advantage of that hemi engine.
Brutal car.

Wonder if I could get insurance...

I've seen two, a green one and sort of an orange. The green was in front of a Staples, parked just like a regular car, and another day I saw it again and the orangish one getting free charging at a public station. Tiny tiny cars. I thought they were bigger. Can't see any sane reason to buy one even if I had that kind of money. For what.

Originally Posted by Farnsworth
I've seen two, a green one and sort of an orange. The green was in front of a Staples, parked just like a regular car, and another day I saw it again and the orangish one getting free charging at a public station. Tiny tiny cars. I thought they were bigger. Can't see any sane reason to buy one even if I had that kind of money. For what.

For fun? The look? To feel cool? To go fast? Why does anyone buy a sports car?

Originally Posted by Farnsworth

I think you are referring to the 1st Tesla Roadster, which is a different car. It was based on a Lotus, with electric drivetrain.
The new car is under development.

Originally Posted by edyvw
Just sayin...
Tesla Roadster

And that is important why? Do you go 0-60 on every street light? And that same Tesla would get OBLITERATED by any well assembled car in curves.

The Tesla Roadster is a sports car, not a purpose built acceleration car.
What car did you have in mind that would obliterate it?
The Roadster is being designed as a supercar.

Pretty fast for sure. I still love a good roar behind those 0-60 runs. Happy Easter all.

Originally Posted by Kjmack
One would think the center of gravity would be better in the Tsla than a typical gas sports car

Naturally, as the very heavy batteries are in the floor.

I'd rather have a lighter car with a higher center of gravity..,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back