160,000 miles on a fuel filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
2000 Acura RL 3,5l V6.

This is the car my sis and BIL just gave me. The invoices had no mention of fuel filter or differential fluid replacement.

Does Honda have "lifetime" fuel filters or should I change it?

The differential is actually separate from the transaxle and can be serviced. I will do that.

most fuel filters are in tank + unless you have a VW that only takes lifting the seat + rug its costly + many times a part of the pump assembly. the bad part is a dirty filter can cause fuel pump failure, so if its fairly easy changing is recommended. drive train lubes are rarely changed, but as we know lifetime means until the warranty is gone, so those keeping their rides changing drivetrain lubes can save future problems + upgrading the lube can add some mpg's as well

Honda/Acuras usually have a sock in the fuel pump, as mentioned above.

FWIW, my Accord w/214k still has the original fuel system. Hondas tend to have more spark, rather than fuel-related issues.

If the filter is an easy R+R, then it probably gets upsold at oil changes. 528e filters are huge. I changed them to baseline the interval then never again. Fuel quality is the factor, not miles. Blowing back through a filter resulted in a jar of gas loaded with black granules that I'm guessing were pieces of gas hose being eroded. Whatever, the filter trapped them. I haven't had a fuel supply issue in any of my EFI cars come to think of it. The Rat has an intank pump and an external filter.
Access to the fuel pickup/ sender/ pump unit, requires dropping the tank or R+R'ing the bed. For the sake of an access panel. De-contenting to squeeze every penny.

Originally Posted by Kira
2000 Acura RL 3,5l V6.

This is the car my sis and BIL just gave me. The invoices had no mention of fuel filter or differential fluid replacement.

Does Honda have "lifetime" fuel filters or should I change it?

The differential is actually separate from the transaxle and can be serviced. I will do that.

I have 271k on mine.........never changed it, will never change it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back