Ford Ranger Floor Mats - 2011 vs Earlier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know why both Husky and Weathertech call out the 2011 ranger floor liners and mats as unique? Or more to the point can I use a 2011 version in an earlier truck?

Check carefully. Not the same model, but it gives you an idea.

[Linked Image]

It looks like WeatherTech lists a universal trim to fit mat for your truck. Husky has the floor liner to fit your truck. Just punch in the numbers.

I bet it is the hold downs, looks like 2011 uses the round snaps where earlier uses the hooks.

For pre-2011 WT doesn't offer custom fit, only the more universal... No Xact-fit husky for either one... Amazons fit information is suspect too, don't trust it.

I've already punched in the numbers, I'm more than capable of that.

The question is what's the difference.

Your guess is as good as mine. The manufacturers started adding hooks in the floor to prevent the mats from getting hung up on the accelerator and brake pedals, at some point. I had a ‘91 Ranger and I put in some aftermarket mats. I had to be real careful about them sliding up around the gas pedal. If your Ranger has hooks, you can always add a grommet to the mat.

Also, any "deep dish" floor mats are more expensive to ship as they are not flat.

My P2 (Platform #2 2001-2007) Volvo V70/S60/S80 has a deeper footwell and none of the mat makers make one.

My footwell is so deep I'd fear buckling at the corners with any "universal fit" mat.

In the case of my Volvo, there weren't that many sold in the No. American market so it is a prime candidate of a vehicle to be left off the catalog.

Also: As mentioned above, a "walking" floor mat can easily cause crashes.

The difference is the retainers in the floor. That was about the time that Prius were flying down the road uncontrolled and all the manufacturers freaked out and made all of us parts people instruct customers on how to install floormats. The new mats from Ford even come with instructions looped through the holes telling customers to not stack them like they had for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back