M1 or Magnatec 18 2.7 F150

Status
Not open for further replies.
Always been a M1 fan, but had some PUP so I put that in it last month. It's sn plus on the bottle do I'm sure it's fine for TGDI and it's got A approval but not the B. I would assume it meets B spec just not certified, but it cost a little more and is hard to find sometimes so why bother. Anyways I've usually used m1 in my vehicles, but heard a lot of talk on the magnatec on the ecoboosts. Is it better than M1 in this application and if so, why? Thank you.

Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson
The only rebates Castrol has are hats and T-shirts get the Mobil.

One need-not buy a particular brand, based on rebates.
If one has a liking for an oil and it's priced according correct (without rebate), then continue liking it at the cash register.

That's how I operated with my current OCI of my 2019 Hyundai. I paid regular price.
Some prefer T-Bone steaks, despite a sale on Porterhouse that week. Normally both priced the same at this supermarket.

If money is tight at home, then opt for the $10-$12 off rebates that Pennzoil & Mobil-1 have offered recently.
Not all of-us live frugal all the time. Some lower class buy brand new middle-class vehicles. Taste, desire and trust matter a-lot.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by CT8
Ford recommends a semi syn Her is an interesting video about a 239,000 3.5 Eco boost running semi syn. run what ever oil is your favorite.

No Ford doesn't recommend a semi syn Ford recommends Motorcraft which in this country is a Phillips products thus it's a group III blend. In Canada it's a XOM product thus it's a "conventional". Any API SN ISLAC GF-5 meets preformance requirements and will satisfy the OEM warranty.

I run Magnatec which I have been able to stock up on at less than $4 per quart. But honestly it doesn't matter, if it meets the minimum Ford spec for the engine than it will work fine.

Originally Posted by benjy
you can run super-tech + pocket the xtra $$$$ no rebates needed.

YUP, and I can get Rural King syn cheaper than ST oil and Rural King blend/conventional cheaper than ST
grin2.gif

Originally Posted by barkingspider
Try the magnatec, I'm sure you will like it. If not, u can always go back to M1. I'm a fan of magnatec

I see a lot of people using the Magnatec. I know they claim that, unlike other oils, it not only maintains a layer of oil on moving parts, but a much thicker layer. And, we all know Castrol has always been on the thick side. Are these the selling points, and/or, is it the Castrol name and price?
21.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back