New Road Bike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Week ago was out pedal shopping ran into a deal. Was going to be a year before getting new one but deals come around now an than. High end bikes can get pricey really pricey but left over deals can be made in this case a new 2017

New 2017 Cannondale Supersix Evo Hi-Mod SRAM Etap
Bike like this and others are just fast and a blast to climb hills and flat out haul. At 46 years old and extremely good shape as you need to be to put your leg over such an incredible bike I can afford it and love to ride. Now with the wife on a new Ebike Specilized she can keep pace for many miles and enjoy road biking together again.

Etap is SRAM wireless Bluetooth shifter no cables very clean look.

Wow. Shimano has a wireless system too?

The SRAM Guide R brake levers on my 2016 Devinci froze up at the beginning of a ride yesterday dragging the brakes. Seems it's a fairly big issue with these, an 0-ring on the piston swells and prevents the pucks from returning. I noticed the levers slow to return on previous ride. Local LBS claimed no recall and out of warranty so close to $300 to replace known faulty parts. I'll replace the brakes but they won't be SRAM.

I've heard many problems with SRAM Disks new bike set up was with rim SRAM I'm on fence if disk really need on full gas road bike.

Next bike as I age will be more endurance targeted but geometry always makes me feel real comfortable in race set up.

eTap is just crazy. Take a perfectly designed purely mechanical system, that will work in the Zombie apocalypse, and replace it with one that requires batteries. Oops - can't shift, forgot to recharge. Maybe there is a solar charger.

Shimano has a version of electronic shifting (which is not wireless) called Di2. It has much longer battery life than eTap, shifts faster and (unlike eTap) is programmable to do a variety of (sequential) shift patterns. I have both brands (eTap on my TT bike and Di2 on my road and gravel bikes) and prefer Di2 but they are both excellent - at least until the "Zombie Apocalypse" arrives
shocked2.gif

Dave, congrats on the new ride!

Originally Posted by dave123
Now with the wife on a new Ebike Specilized she can keep pace for many miles and enjoy road biking together again.

Dave.....I just got a Specialized E-Bike so I can keep up with my son. He's 14. I'm a fat 43 year old. Now we can enjoy a long ride together.

What bike did your wife get?? I got the Turbo Vado 3.0

Originally Posted by Phishin
Now with the wife on a new Ebike Specilized she can keep pace for many miles and enjoy road biking together again.

Dave.....I just got a Specialized E-Bike so I can keep up with my son. He's 14. I'm a fat 43 year old. Now we can enjoy a long ride together.

What bike did your wife get?? I got the Turbo Vado 3.0
. Excellent yes and many people doing the same as I said it is enjoyable to be able to ride together again and keep somewhat of a pace together. We did a 30 mile quick run together and had a blast lots of hills involved and she can pull me on them anytime. It actually helps me and forces me harder flats I can keep 26+ pace the bike will haul the mail that's when I can pull her. She don't have a chance. Lol

We did a 30 mile quick run together and had a blast lots of hills involved and she can pull me on them anytime. It actually helps me and forces me harder flats I can keep 26+ pace the bike will haul the mail that's when I can pull her. She don't have a chance. Lol

I totally get it. My 14 year old son has Olympic aspirations in BMX racing. He has to chase me now going up hills on his single gear race bike....

We bought his and her Cannondales last sept. Wife 60, me 73 , we ride about 3 days a week around the Tennessee River , River walk area....its level and fun and we aint getting younger,,lol..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back