Joined the Havoline box club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I decided to join the Havoline box club today... I had to work for it though. The shelf was empty. A nearby pallet had freight on it. And low and behold there it was... It came in a case of two. So I placed the other one on the shelf in the correct spot. I got the plastic qt container for once I add the bulk of the oil like 4 qts then I will use the small plastic qt container to finish off the rest that will be needed. I like the box myself. The plastic bag inside is not super thick or too thin.

IMG_20190420_220333576.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted by bbhero
Well I decided to join the Havoline box club today... I had to work for it though. The shelf was empty. A nearby pallet had freight on it. And low and behold there it was... It came in a case of two. So I placed the other one on the shelf in the correct spot. I got the plastic qt container for once I add the bulk of the oil like 4 qts then I will use the small plastic qt container to finish off the rest that will be needed. I like the box myself. The plastic bag inside is not super thick or too thin.

Welcome to the BOX CLUB!
welcome2.gif
thankyou2.gif

Originally Posted by BlueOvalFitter

Welcome to the BOX CLUB!
welcome2.gif
thankyou2.gif

lol.gif

Yeah really...

I just ordered 2 boxes of the synthetic myself. Time is tight and I wouldn't have been able to make it to the store before I have time off to do the changes I need. I wanted the HM stuff but it was out of stock to ship so I went with the 'Pro-DS'. Free shipping and Ebates cash back make the tax I had to pay almost a wash, so it was still a good deal.

It is easier to dose out a smaller amount more accurately. Say a half quart or 8 ozs or 4 ozs. .. Just like at my job... I use smaller volume syringes for smaller doses to be given. A 10 mL tube is good in some cases while in others a 5 or 3 mL tube is better way to go.

My Wal-Mart's in a smaller market, so I have never really seen these out of stock. It's a great deal on motor oil.

Yeah man my local Wally world had zero Havoline high mileage on the shelf in 5w30 or 5w20.... 3 boxes of 10w30 and 2 boxes of Havoline Pro DS 5w30.

I did the work myself
lol.gif

I found the item on the pallet, got my car key and popped the tape on the case... Put the one box in the correct spot on the shelf and took the other one with me. Easy. And I have stocked a lot of shelves in my time... So I didn't mind at all.

Last edited:
I am waiting on it to come in. Almost 5k on the Napa Synthetic blend 5w20 and this on will go a year unless I wound up putting lots of miles then it will be the OLM. Hopefully their claim of extended life is accurate but just in case owners manual does say 10k on conventional so I shouldn't have to worry.

Yeah man my local Wally world had zero Havoline high mileage on the shelf in 5w30 or 5w20.... 3 boxes of 10w30 and 2 boxes of Havoline Pro DS 5w30.

I did the work myself
lol.gif

I found the item on the pallet, got my car key and popped the tape on the case... Put the one box in the correct spot on the shelf and took the other one with me. Easy. And I have stocked a lot of shelves in my time... So I didn't mind at all.

When my local WM gets the HM oil in stock, the 5W30 usually sells out in 2 days. They stock the PRO DS with the synthetic oil, but on the very top shelf. Who looks up there for oil? Usually, the top shelf is for overstock.

Of the three local WalMarts that are near me, one store started stocking Havoline box oil as soon as it hit the market. The second store started selling it just a couple of weeks ago. The third store is so small, it might be awhile or they may never sell it.

I'm all for less plastic.
The efficiency of the squared shape speaks for itself.
I fully expect hard hitting trauma caused by any change in any car related item-not from BITOGers though.

But I gotta mention.....Isn't it ironic that this "new branch" of packaging is launched and contains only a bit more than 5 qt. or 5.1 qt. jugs?

Originally Posted by Kira
I fully expect hard hitting trauma caused by any change in any car related item-not from BITOGers though.

But I gotta mention.....Isn't it ironic that this "new branch" of packaging is launched and contains only a bit more than 5 qt. or 5.1 qt. jugs?

The Smart Change box holds six quarts.

Originally Posted by PimTac

Yes just a bit like 20% more for less money.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson
Originally Posted by PimTac

Yes just a bit like 20% more for less money.

Must be that new math.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back