Crazy Neighbor....part deux

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by vw7674
Originally Posted by Virtus_Probi
Schmoe, you should mow your lawn in a Speedo!
;^)

I was thinking hot pink thong. Try to face away from the camera while you pull start that mower.
Issue should be resolved within 1/2 hour methinks. If she knows what's good for her.

Also wear an aluminum colander on your head. Buy a cheap yardsale satellite dish and mount it on a post, Aim it at her house.

Record this clip from about :50 seconds on on a boom box or something loud but she can't see. play it loudly when she is in the yard, during the week.. At least once a night.

Record this clip and play it , say,only on weekends. record it from say 6:55 on and play once a day on weekends when she is in the yard. Even better if the sound can come from near the fake satellite dish aimed at her house.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by eljefino
Originally Posted by Kawiguy454
Its all part of a diabolical plot to get you to move so her offspring can buy the house next door... Get your own bright LED's and point them at her cameras. those cheap cams don't deal well with high dynamic range so they will be blinded.

Yeah this but get INFARED LEDs, preferably strobing. The camera will pick them up, but she won't see them herself.

I would absolutely do this. $50 gets you a 5 meter, 16.4ft waterproof and self adhesive spool. Should easily wash out her cameras.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Alfred_B
Looks like she suffered a brain issue during the knee surgery. This can happen especially with the elderly during anaesthesia.
I am doubtful that her cameras are malicious. I would just learn to live with it and accept it as an unfortunate fact. She doesn't seem to be breaking any laws and putting up a fence might actually help ease her concerns of you trying to usurp her property.
Of course, there is a possibility that she will claim that the fence is on her property.

I agree with all of this.

This is why I've stayed on this site for so long....love you man!!!! LOL. The speedo thing.....wife bested that....she was going to get me a gorilla suit and some beer and then have me go out in the front yard in that suit and do some monkey dances!! Yeah, thanks for reposting that original thread from 3 years ago...wow, been dealing with this for 3 years. Two years ago we had great neighbors across the street with same age as ours' kids. We'd have a fire pit in the front yard and she'd stand on the edge of her property video taping us as we were sitting around the fire pit. That neighbor confronted her the next day outside and the crazy neighbor said that she "ruined everything and took them (meaning my wife and I) from her." Bat S Crazy. Cops been out 3 times, even took pictures, I've emailed them and got reply's, but nothing. The town I live in is called Chickasha, and the local police are bunch of pretty good men and women, but they too are limited, which I understand. Funny, I had the fence guy come out Wednesday and we measured and checked everything right in front of all her cameras and she didn't come out at all. I pre-warned him about the possibility of getting harassed, and he said don't worry about it. My measurements with the original land blat is correct, he agreed. Infared LED's....that's something I've not come across. Will difinently do some research on that. Don't have a problem dropping 50 bucks or so just to see what will happen. I do have concerns though...besides her daughter and grandkids locked in that house, when we first moved there, she had a severe handicapped daughter that was in a wheelchair permanently. She told my wife, when she was nicer, that the daughter got wrapped up in the umbilical cord and didn't allow oxygen to the brain. She use to take her outside a lot, but I haven't seen her at all in the last 6 years or so. This is almost like that Tom Hanks movie The 'Burbs. For real.
The words "clandestine manner", if those cameras move after fence install, wouldn't that meet the definition or at least, the spirit of the law? On the fence, I can legally go up to 6 feet, which is what I'm doing.

Originally Posted by Schmoe
This is why I've stayed on this site for so long....love you man!!!! LOL. The speedo thing.....wife bested that....she was going to get me a gorilla suit and some beer and then have me go out in the front yard in that suit and do some monkey dances!! Yeah, thanks for reposting that original thread from 3 years ago...wow, been dealing with this for 3 years. Two years ago we had great neighbors across the street with same age as ours' kids. We'd have a fire pit in the front yard and she'd stand on the edge of her property video taping us as we were sitting around the fire pit. That neighbor confronted her the next day outside and the crazy neighbor said that she "ruined everything and took them (meaning my wife and I) from her." Bat S Crazy. Cops been out 3 times, even took pictures, I've emailed them and got reply's, but nothing. The town I live in is called Chickasha, and the local police are bunch of pretty good men and women, but they too are limited, which I understand. Funny, I had the fence guy come out Wednesday and we measured and checked everything right in front of all her cameras and she didn't come out at all. I pre-warned him about the possibility of getting harassed, and he said don't worry about it. My measurements with the original land blat is correct, he agreed. Infared LED's....that's something I've not come across. Will difinently do some research on that. Don't have a problem dropping 50 bucks or so just to see what will happen. I do have concerns though...besides her daughter and grandkids locked in that house, when we first moved there, she had a severe handicapped daughter that was in a wheelchair permanently. She told my wife, when she was nicer, that the daughter got wrapped up in the umbilical cord and didn't allow oxygen to the brain. She use to take her outside a lot, but I haven't seen her at all in the last 6 years or so. This is almost like that Tom Hanks movie The 'Burbs. For real.
The words "clandestine manner", if those cameras move after fence install, wouldn't that meet the definition or at least, the spirit of the law? On the fence, I can legally go up to 6 feet, which is what I'm doing.

The problem is that there'd be nothing clandestine about her relocating the cameras.
I'd consult an attorney and see what statutes might be applicable as well as what civil remedies might be available. Maybe a common law harassment action where the prayer would be that the court enjoin her from aiming cameras and bright lights at your property? If such an injunction were granted she'd then be in contempt if she violated it and could be jailed by the court.
She definitely has some sort of mental illness and she may have been fine as long as she took her meds. If that's the case, she probably showed frank symptoms after ceasing to use her meds. We have a crazy living next to us, but she mostly keeps to herself these days. She was fine for many years as long as she stayed with her meds. Some quack with no medical training convinced her that she had no need to take her prescribed psychotropics and she went off the rails after that.
She's been through a few civil commitments and has pretty well used up and driven off her many immediate family members.
Sad, but in your case you also have no idea what this mentally ill person might be capable of. She could be schizophrenic and might experience command voices which might motivated her to commit acts of violence against your family. She's got your house under surveillance and brightly illuminated at night, which could signify that in her head you represent a threat.
Seek legal help. Do not escalate the ground war in any way, since she might find that confirmatory to her perception of you as a threat.

I'd use the infared lights right at the top of the fence. Any attempt to see over it would be disastrous. Run the reflector tape over the top border too.

Plus is that she may be driven to attempt to vandalize them, giving you solid ground for prosecution and restraining order.

Funny, last winter i got called to jury duty and picked. Case was about neighbors horses getting out and destroying the other neighbors yard and death threats were made etc. Lawyers settled only after about 30 mins into the trial and we all went home.

. When we were leaving one of the other jury members stated that this was his third case in a row he had been on with neighbors disputing over something. I'm just glad all our neighbors get along here where I live since it seems so common everywhere that neighbors just don't get along.

Call child protective services if the kids are in danger. Not leaving the house ever is not normal.

When I grew up we had some weirdos across the street, the wife and the husband looked inbred and no one left the house, except rare occasions.

They had a handicapped kid in the house for 30 years.

When I moved out at age 21, he lived in the house until his 40's.

He and his mother got into a spat at a local diner, and the son started choking. The mother screamed "Let him Die!"

This whole ordeal was covered on Buffalo TV news, including her possible jail time.

After that, the mother died shortly afterwards, and the son went to some long term care facility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back