Michelin finally makes a tire for my SRT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same here, IF Michelin had the kindness in their hearts to release a PSS/PS 4S in a 215/40-17, or better yet a 225/40-17, they would be on my summer wheels, regardless of co$t!
wink.gif

Originally Posted by dailydriver
Same here, IF Michelin had the kindness in their hearts to release a PSS/PS 4S in a 215/40-17, or better yet a 225/40-17, they would be on my summer wheels, regardless of co$t!
wink.gif

They make the PS4S in 215/45-17, which should be close enough
smile.gif

wink.gif

I will never give one cent to Michelin under any circumstances.

Originally Posted by slacktide_bitog
wink.gif

smile.gif

A 215/45-17 is 24.7 inches in diameter, the Fiesta ST runs a 205/40-17. The tire has almost no sidewall, and is 23.5 inches in diameter. The 215 MIGHT fit, but it's not really that close in size ...

Originally Posted by Jarlaxle
wink.gif

That's fine, I'm sure my almost exclusive buying of their products makes up for it
wink.gif

Originally Posted by OVERKILL
wink.gif

That's fine, I'm sure my almost exclusive buying of their products makes up for it
wink.gif

After the way they reamed 2 of my co-workers whose very-expensive tires rotted off the rims...I will run 4 different brands of used Chinese tires before I use Michelin.

wink.gif

wink.gif

After the way they reamed 2 of my co-workers whose very-expensive tires rotted off the rims...I will run 4 different brands of used Chinese tires before I use Michelin.

I've not had that experience
21.gif
I've had excellent service from the myriad sets I've purchased.

You could always do what I have to do the past few years. Go to a shop with a preferred list of tires and find out which takes the most reasonable time to get here at a tolerable price.
wink.gif
No one stocks anything these days!

Two sets of very-expensive tires were thrown away with most of the tread...one failed inspection, one actually had 2 tires leaking air! Michelin refused to lift a finger, accusing both of them (and it was an accusation) of using Armor-All.

Last edited:
Two sets of very-expensive tires were thrown away with most of the tread...one failed inspection, one actually had 2 tires leaking air! Michelin refused to lift a finger, accusing both of them (and it was an accusation) of using Armor-All.

Did they use Armour-All?
lol.gif

As I noted, I've had no experience with any Michelin tire that comes close to mirroring that. I know one member on here in the southern states has had dry rot issues after several years on a low use vehicle, but that's not something we typically run into in the north.

Originally Posted by slacktide_bitog
wink.gif

smile.gif

NOPE, as that size rubs profusely, even at factory ride heights on this car, let alone lowered even a half inch.
frown.gif

I have that same exact attitude towards Recaro seating, yup, even their highly touted/worshiped OEM stuff, due to horrid experiences with their aftermarket products.
wink.gif

Did they use Armour-All?
lol.gif

On a scraped-up Ram 2500 without a single straight body panel? Uhh...no. (Though I think he does use Simple Green.)

Did they use Armour-All?
lol.gif

On a scraped-up Ram 2500 without a single straight body panel? Uhh...no. (Though I think he does use Simple Green.)

Wonder if the latter negatively interacts with the tire material then?
21.gif

Did they use Armour-All?

I got my quotation levels messed up, so to not offend anyone, removed individuals ...

Simple Green seems to remove all oils and greases as well as anything I've seen. It is also basic/alkaline enough to kinda mess up the finish on unfinished aluminum ... got it on my motorcycle rims some years back and they looked nasty. Some wax resolved 95% of it however. I'd expect since Michelin blames removal of internal compounds that an aggressive cleaner would not be good?

Originally Posted by George Bynum
Did they use Armour-All?

I got my quotation levels messed up, so to not offend anyone, removed individuals ...

Simple Green seems to remove all oils and greases as well as anything I've seen. It is also basic/alkaline enough to kinda mess up the finish on unfinished aluminum ... got it on my motorcycle rims some years back and they looked nasty. Some wax resolved 95% of it however. I'd expect since Michelin blames removal of internal compounds that an aggressive cleaner would not be good?

I tend to agree. Tires are supposed to express "oils" that work their way out to the surface to protect them. If you've removed those oils with a heavy duty degreaser, you've removed that protection.

I tend to agree. Tires are supposed to express "oils" that work their way out to the surface to protect them. If you've removed those oils with a heavy duty degreaser, you've removed that protection.

So, does a tire shine or deep black tire dressing help or hurt a tires resistance to age cracking ... ?

Originally Posted by geeman789

So, does a tire shine or deep black tire dressing help or hurt a tires resistance to age cracking ... ?

Not sure, likely depends on how it interacts with the tire material.

Originally Posted by geeman789

Not sure, likely depends on how it interacts with the tire material.

The water based PDMS dressings (armor all, 303, etc.) are not the problem. The problem lies with the petroleum-based tire dressings used by volume car washes and reconditioning shops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back