Tired Of These YouTube "Cover Bands"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am really getting tired of going to Y.T. to listen to some music and it ends of being some cover band. Will complaining to Y.T. do any good ?
Example >>>>>>

I doubt it would do any good. If you search for "Scorpions," YT will give you what the results provide. If you constantly get a lot of these cover bands, and want to weed them out, I would try searching for the VEVO channel (most popular bands have one), or at least their youtube channel if they don't, or include something like "original version" when typing in the song name.

Last edited:
Remember those compilation records sold on TV that were "by the original artists"? "The Original Artists" was the name of a cover band.

Wind of Change I can clearly hear a live version of Klaus Meine singing then some others aren't them for sure. Weird album on the YT lol

Originally Posted by redhat
Wind of Change I can clearly hear a live version of Klaus Meine singing then some others aren't them for sure. Weird album on the YT lol

Same thing with an Eagles Greatest Hits Album.

I do not think that it will do you any good at all complaining to YT that music you are trying to access - which was almost certainly posted without the consent or knowledge of the copyright holder(s) of that music - is not what you expected.

I think it has to do with licensing. Some other streaming service has the rights, so the studio versions cannot be found on YT for legal reasons.

It sucks, in the past you could find any song on YT. The same thing happened when Netflix became big and a bunch of clones sprang up and bought the rights to every TV show ever made. Prior to that, there were old TV shows that could be found on YT because no one bothered to enforce their copyrights or whatever.

Originally Posted by Warstud
I am really getting tired of going to Y.T. to listen to some music and it ends of being some cover band. Will complaining to Y.T. do any good ?
Example >>>>>>

Not sure what complaining to YouTube would do, but I am fairly sure you are doing it wrong. I just easily found the original of at least one Scorpion song and could likely find more. The video I found is in Post #10. As to the post about licenses and rights, this song is from, what, 1990? You probably can not find every song on YouTube but you usually can, especially the older.

OP, Don't listen to the playlist and seek out every song individually. And Wind Of Change is alright, it's a good song, there are better songs. The Cold War is over, and in that sense it is beautiful, song is alright.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back