Mobil1 OC for $6.67

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just changed the oil in the truck today. Used Mobil1 HM 10w30 I picked up for $5 off plus $12 rebate. Oil filter is a Champion filter I purchased from RockAuto for $0.79 on clearance (thanks SlavaB!).

Grand total is $6.67 before tax. Will sit in the sump for a year. I also changed the seeping oil filter adapter seal while I was in there. All in all a Good Friday
11.gif

[Linked Image]

When I saw the hood pop up I thought who is this changing the oil in my truck. Can't beat this deal getting a good quality oil
change with filter for less than $7. I myself just grab a PF52 or PF52e from walmart with 15/40 delo. Not as cheap as yours but
cheap enough for me. I do 10K oil changes.

How many miles you average a year on a oil change?.

I love deals like this. I just changed my wife's rogue with valvoline modern engine with a pure one filter for $13. Clearance oil for $10 and a clearance filter for $3. To bad I have to adhere to the 5k/6 month maintenance warranty or id run this combo for a year

Originally Posted by RonRonnster
Just changed the oil in the truck today. Used Mobil1 HM 10w30 I picked up for $5 off plus $12 rebate. Oil filter is a Champion filter I purchased from RockAuto for $0.79 on clearance (thanks SlavaB!).

Grand total is $6.67 before tax. Will sit in the sump for a year. I also changed the seeping oil filter adapter seal while I was in there. All in all a Good Friday
11.gif

[Linked Image]

May I ask who had $5 off Mobil 1?

Thank You

Originally Posted by 53' Stude
Originally Posted by RonRonnster

11.gif

[Linked Image]

May I ask who had $5 off Mobil 1?

Thank You

Walmart. It's a downloadable coupon. Details are in the Mobil rebate thread in the Rebates & Promotions subforum.

Originally Posted by ka9mnx
I did not see Wal Mart in the participating dealers list?

Doesnt matter, past 4 years I've bought it at M1 and ALWAYS got rebate

Awesome. My daughter stopped and grabbed oil today for her Volvo so I can change it. I have Mann filters on hand by the case, around 3.50 a piece. She called from Meijer store and said they had PP 10-30 for $6.50 for 5 quart jugs. So for a nine quart oil change it worked out to around $15. Not to shabby.

Originally Posted by passgas55
When I saw the hood pop up I thought who is this changing the oil in my truck. Can't beat this deal getting a good quality oil
change with filter for less than $7. I myself just grab a PF52 or PF52e from walmart with 15/40 delo. Not as cheap as yours but
cheap enough for me. I do 10K oil changes.

How many miles you average a year on a oil change?.

It will typically put 5k-6k on it a year. I keep a once a year change to keep things simple. I used to change every 6 months but BITOG has eased my concerns with that.

Yes, I used the $5 off coupon from WalMart. Mobil accepted my rebate without an issue - now just waiting for it to be issued. Probably the best deal on a 5qt jug at the moment - at least local to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back