Scooters....actually fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by iahawk
I have both a motorcycle and a scooter...they are both fun in their own ways. I still prefer the scoot for beer runs as I can store beer under the seat as well as in the top box! No storage on the motorcycle.

Liquor sickle lol.

I have the biggest motor scooter in the world - Honda PC800
laugh.gif

It's great two up and on the freeway.

But I also like smaller scooters too. The Burgman is excellent
smile.gif

But so a Peugeots (that we don't get)
frown.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Cdn17Sport6MT
Originally Posted by kmrcstintn
scooters fun? yep! had a good variety over the past 8 years with one model as a repeat purchase...'08 piaggio bv250, '09 aprilia scarabeo 100, '11 vespa lx150, '09 genuine rattler 110, '08 genuine buddy 125, '09 genuine stella 2t, '09 piaggio fly 50, '13 genuine buddy 125, and a different '13 genuine buddy 125; i was unsettled in my likes & dislikes but since settled down...lol!

Just wondering what folks think of the old-school Vespa (or the Stella) - you know, with the manual four speed... rotating LH handlebar grip? I seem to have this strange affliction... of liking two strokes.

my Stella had several electrical gremlins...there are 2 areas to keep an eye on that have issues; the engine kill switch can cause inadvertent shutdowns or not allow the scoot to start...my shop disconnected mine aftet failure to start issue occurred; other area to watch is the snake pit of wires going thru the neck into the handlebars...it was tight from the original design and got worse with all the DOT [censored] that got added for the US market; on a side note my original 8 amp fuse blew a few times...had to swap out and use slow blow 8 amp fuse; lastly was a ground out between the cdi and fender...shop made a bracket and moved cdi closer to center line of the scoot; too many issues & trips to the shop during the 1 year warranty so I let it go back to the shop on a trade for an expensive e-bike (real [censored] manuever); forgot to mention the injection oil leak when using cadtrol synblend or amsoil synthetic oils...

some comments on scooters

1. In Missouri many people with alcohol and drug driving convictions use scooters. A whole segment of the public refer to them as liquor cycles. Same for bicycles, if you are riding a cheap bike and not in spandex they call it a liquor bike. With the loss of respect you lose a lot of safety.

2 cost per mile, Scooters typically have smaller short life tires. Many of the 50 CC brands are pretty well used up at 10K miles. Compared to a small bike like a used Kawasaki ninja 300 with ABS you can have a higher operating cost, and lower speed potential. There are times with agressive drivers when you need speed. There is now the new Honda cub at 125 CC

Rod

Last edited:
I have to roll off the gas when I come across cars on my 50cc - the 2 stroke gets off the mark pretty quick compared to half asleep car drivers.

Originally Posted by Trav
Originally Posted by Jarlaxle
Originally Posted by bioburner
I wasn't aware BMW made a scoot. I have a Yamaha Majesty that's in need of a motor rebuild as an overnight stay at a friends horse barn resulted in the airbox getting a mouse nest and sucked the oil out on the freeway. Fresh oil and check the day before:( The 400 single has no issue on the freeway but the belt drive sucks country road dust big time so found the Madass for beating down the slower country roads with a chain drive.
The little Vino seems to be a under rated bike around here and they are pretty cheap.

BMW makes TWO scooters: the C650GT and the C600 Sport. Note that the engines in both are built by Kymco.

The C1 was a Rotax powered scooter BMW had, for that money you could own a real bike. They don't make a full face helmet with a dark enough visor I would trust not to be identified riding this contraption.
[Linked Image]

I would love to have one of those! Did they even import them to the US?

I have a PCX150 downsized from a Burgman 650, I would have rather had the Forza but the money wasn't there and in my city you can park 150cc and smaller on the sidewalk downtown. That being said my perfect all around scooter at this time would be the Piaggio BV350

Had a Vespa GTS300. Quite modified including an Akra exhaust. Man was that thing fun. Surprised many vehicles from red lights, would take off like a rocket and would cruise at 140. With wider Michelin dual compound tires, enough grip to drag the pegs.

Looked just like this:
[Linked Image]

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Kamele0N
What is Akra exhaust? http://www.akrapovic.com/en#!/ ??

Yep, "Akra" short for Akrapovic brand exhaust.

I have full titanium Evolution systems, on all three Sportbikes. Beautifully engineered and made pieces, made in KameleON's country of Slovenia, by Igor AkrapoviÄ.

Last edited:
Scooters are like fat gals.....they're both fun to ride, but you don't want your friends to see you on them.....
blush.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back