Echo (PAS) - Good, Bad, Other?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone, I'm a home owner on the market for a good Hedge Trimmer and was looking to at the Echo SCH-225S - MSRP $369.99

When I went to my Echo dealer, the sales rep pointed me to the option of Echo PAS-225 - MSRP $189.99

And PAS Mid-Reach Hedge Trimmer Attachment - MSRP $149.99

So going the PAS rout, I'd save $30 and have the option for other attachments. Seems like a good deal but is it really? Do any of you have experience with the Echo PAS line of equipment?

Thanks

With the PAS, you are investing in Echo's product ecosystem so that's the only concern. If they sell enough attachments that has you interested then it's cheaper (and takes up less space) than having dedicated tools.

do you need the reach?

I love my dewalt 20v regular hedge trimmer, the battery outlasts me BY FAR.

and I was trimming a 300ft set of hedges 7ft tall

if you can wait, get the echo on a dealer days promo its a straight 20% off

https://www.echo-usa.com/Promotions/One-Day-Sale?lang=en-US

Echo makes some good stuff, I'd check out reviews but I woudnt be worried.

I have a cs-590 chainsaw, and a backpack blower.. both work great.
used a string trimmer for 5 years and it was fine until I moved (wasnt mine)

I have the Echo PAS hedge trimmer and straight shaft weed whacker. Both are superb, especially the hedge trimmer as it has BIG openings for large branches. However, I will add that the 21cc engine is a lightweight gem and ultra smooth, but does not have the power of the larger commercial engines.

If you are dealing with heavy weed whacking, the larger engine will be more pleasing.

Originally Posted by Cujet
I have the Echo PAS hedge trimmer and straight shaft weed whacker. Both are superb, especially the hedge trimmer as it has BIG openings for large branches. However, I will add that the 21cc engine is a lightweight gem and ultra smooth, but does not have the power of the larger commercial engines.

If you are dealing with heavy weed whacking, the larger engine will be more pleasing.

Great! Real world experience is what I was looking for. The primary purpose for me is hedge trimmer. If the lightweight 21cc engine shines here I'm pretty much sold.

I have the PAS-225 and I love it. I was really surprised at how much power it has even though it's only 21cc. I don't have the hedge trimmer though. Mine came with the straight shaft trimmer head, and I was able to make the attachments from my old Poulan trimmer work with a little modification.

I don't think you can go wrong with Echo equipment. I currently have two chainsaws and a blower and all are trouble free for several years. My saws are modded by me and I put them up against any out there, one 40cc and one 52cc. My blower is stock and starts on the second pull and has for years.

Update: Picked up my new ECHO PAS-225 today. Come to find out, ECHO is currently having their National Sales Event so I got a Speed-Feed trimmer attachment for free. Good deal! I tried out the trimmer and I really think I'm going to like it. Thanks to everyone who replied to this thread.

Picture...

[Linked Image]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back