Wanting Recommendations In Dash Radio / GPS / Head Unit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking to put a new in dash radio that has new features that were not available in 2003. Hoping to get a touchscreen media player probably with a GPS maybe DVD and definitely hands free phone calls - bluetooth, maybe back up camera. Any other features I should look for?
Any recommendations are appreciated.

Hopefully your vehicle fits a double din receiver. There is HD Radio. It is free and some radios have a built in tuner.

Built in GPS SUCKS. Do you use an Android phone? Get something with Android Auto and use the Waze app for GPS.
Apple Car Play is nice, too. Forget DVD's and CD's. And those stupid single din radios with a big flip up screen are garbage.
Forget a backup camera.

HD radio stations in your area. Don't be confused and be prepared to be surprised.
A hip hop station might have an HD only station on the HD1 that plays another music genre. There are sometimes two extra HD stations on the same frequency.

hdradio3.JPG

hdradio2.JPG

hd radio1.JPG

Find a unit with CarPlay or Android auto dependent on your smartphone. Built in GPS is never as good as smartphone offerings.

Depending on how much you like to fiddle, you could see if you can find an Android head unit. (Different from Android Auto)

While not for your car, I purchased this for my 2012 Mazda3 in December, and after about a week, had it dialed in.

https://www.eonon.com/Android-Car-G...ystem-Indash-Head-Unit.html&Catype=1

I believe they make generic, double din units. Probably not much hope of finding one special made for the cars in your signature.

I bought mine on Amazon for a bit more than direct from their website so I could return it if I didn't like it.

That way, I can install Waze, update Google Maps each month for offline maps, download podcasts to Stitcher, as well as CloudLibary for audio books checked out on-line from my local library.

Might be worth looking into...

Or not, your choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back