Remote Start by Android Auto App ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If a car is factory equipped with both Remote Start as well as Android Auto, then using the app on your phone can you remote start the car from your phone ? And activate the Heated Seats, for instance ?

Android auto and Apple play are nothing more then an interface(display/touchscreen) to your connected smartphone(Bluetooth or wire) as device so to a speak.

Some car makers put in other applications into the vehicle your smartphone can communicate with vehicle however they are paid(after trial period) with car maker specific apps and hardware.

Our 2018 VW Tiguan has something called VW connect we never used.

Okay, good info thx!!! Looking at a 2019 GMC Terrain with Remote Start and Android Auto both installed.

While it sounds convenient and such I'm not sure I would want to ensure the security of my vehicle to a Android app.

Originally Posted by LoneRanger
Okay, good info thx!!! Looking at a 2019 GMC Terrain with Remote Start and Android Auto both installed.

There's an OnStar app that will allow you to remote start/unlock by phone.

Yep - the app doesn't go through MyLink, it goes through the car's cellular modem(for OnStar and the hotspot) and communicates with the BCM and PCM to start the car.

As long as your OnStar demo is still good or the subscription is still active, you are good to go with the app.

Jeep allows you to remote start with the U-Connect app. It's free for the first year you own the car. After that I believe it's $15.00 a month if you choose to keep it active.

Originally Posted by LoneRanger
If a car is factory equipped with both Remote Start as well as Android Auto, then using the app on your phone can you remote start the car from your phone ?

Yes, if:
1. The manufacurer of your car developed an app with that function, and
2. You have an active data plan subscription for your vehicle.

the hyundai we bought has blue link which allows remote start , door opening and vehicle locator. there is a app to download and it runs off of that. supposedly the vehicle is using Verizon towers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back