Misbehaving Mechanic Caught On Dash Cam

Status
Not open for further replies.
I left the dash cam rolling when I had some warranty work done on my Subaru. Nothing out of the ordinary or crazy. They even did take it for the test drive after!

I don't think anyone is going to be having too much fun in a 2.5NA subaru , though.

Originally Posted by Miller88
... I don't think anyone is going to be having too much fun in a 2.5 NA Subaru, though ...

It is more fun to drive a SLOW car fast, than to be stuck in a fast car and forced to go slow ... !

Just sayin' !

Our customers can't afford dash cams. But to me, a road test involves redline, and brake tests activate ABS....stuff falls on the floor.

I left the dash cam rolling when I had some warranty work done on my Subaru. Nothing out of the ordinary or crazy. They even did take it for the test drive after!

I don't think anyone is going to be having too much fun in a 2.5NA subaru , though.

As a tech, have been accused of "joyriding" customer cars several times. Sorry, not going to joyride your base model car when my own daily driver is significantly faster.

Last edited:
"I saw my car pull into a parking lot from the dash and it came to a stop and I saw on the asphalt all these tire marks," Burke explained to KCRA. "I (thought), ‘Uh oh, what's going to happen?'"

Apparently, that's where Big-O tire guys go to test and break-in all those new tires they sell.
eek.gif

Originally Posted by ZeeOSix
"I saw my car pull into a parking lot from the dash and it came to a stop and I saw on the asphalt all these tire marks," Burke explained to KCRA. "I (thought), ‘Uh oh, what's going to happen?'"

Apparently, that's where Big-O tire guys go to test and break-in all those new tires they sell.
eek.gif

Yeah, they're breaking off the coating that new tires have on the tread.

Originally Posted by mightymousetech

As a tech, have been accused of "joyriding" customer cars several times. Sorry, not going to joyride your base model car when my own daily driver is significantly faster.

I mainly did it so I could verify that they did try to find the problem. I've had bad luck before with dealers who can't find very obvious problems.

Originally Posted by geeman789
... I don't think anyone is going to be having too much fun in a 2.5 NA Subaru, though ...

It is more fun to drive a SLOW car fast, than to be stuck in a fast car and forced to go slow ... !

Just sayin' !

Your are entitled to your incorrect opinion.
wink.gif
laugh.gif

I caught the dealership going sideways smoke rolling off the tires in my 1998 Z28 when I had it in for the one recall it had on the EGR valve.
I wasn't too mad but I did mention it and replaced the rear tires. I was good with that.

Originally Posted by mightymousetech

I mainly did it so I could verify that they did try to find the problem. I've had bad luck before with dealers who can't find very obvious problems.

I was at the dealer once getting some recall work done. Afterwards the car sounded loud so I took it back and complained that it was louder than before. They said no problem found. Took it back again and rode with an adviser who said it sounded a little loud, but still no problem found. Lived with it for a week or so. Then when going on vacation, found the air cleaner assembly in the trunk. Guess they never even opened the hood. Guess that also means I never opened the hood either. Anyway chewed them out for it and all they did was offer me a free oil change.

I had a new Sea Do watercraft a few years ago. I took it back to the dealer after I had it for a few days for some work. When I picked it up a few days later noticed some damage to the front end and I overheard two of the mechanics talking about how they test drove it and beat the crap out of it. In fact it sounded like the whole staff had beat it. It was a new, fast model and they all wanted to try it. I complained to the owner of the dealer and they gave me a different new machine.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back