2019 Kia Cadeza, Manual offers 5 different velocity oil? what to choose?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by KCJeep
I have used Castrol 0w40 in our Kia (with the V6 predecessor to your engine) and you can't tell one whit of difference in the way it runs from 5w20. I am out of warranty though, Kia does not allow 0w oils. Anyway I'd not be afraid of a good 5w40 at all.

I think my next change will be 5W-40 since I also heard a lot of good things about it in really hot weather and It's cheaper than 5W-30, so I think I will stick with 5W-40. My Grand Cherokee uses 0W-20 and I don't know how they are using such oil in extremely hot weather.

Originally Posted by Amenhotep
Originally Posted by John344
0/5W30 ACEA A3/B3 B4 are perfectly fine in any country, including countries in the Middle East etc. The US has some of the highest temperatures in the world, but people are running 0W20 oils in places like Las Vegas or Phoenix.
Also, by buying 5W40 oil you might get oil that is thicker some 7-10% than ACEA A3 5W30 oils. Also, take into consideration that thinner oils cool off better.

I found this in my local Mobil 1 distributor and bought it. they told me it's the latest oil by Mobil 1. I will include the pictures.

That one is a great oil, Mobil 1 5w30 esp Formula. Main problem. It's the old formula so in a near future will no longer available. New formula it isn't bmw ll04

Thanks, I have changed it to this oil and I think my next change I will use 5W-40 Mopar because it's just cheaper than 5w-30.

Originally Posted by CT8
The dealers choice seem appropriate.

I don't think that the dealer choice is the best choice for the car. The dealer is using 20W-50 which is old heavy oil. People who used this oil were complaining about a ticking sound inside the engine, and the reason for this is probably the heavy oil that the dealer is forcing us to use. The reason the dealer is choosing this cheap oil is that they want to compete with the service prices of Toyota (here in my country Toyota is one of the most inexpensive services for car's) This is why I think Kia is using this oil, so when people come to buy a Kia they tell them that we offer the cheapest service for our cars. Another thing to consider is that they are using 5W-30 in Kia's vehicles that are being sold to corporations, not individuals, and the cooperation's Kia cars are serviceable every 10,000KM unlike the individual's cars were they service them every 5,000KM. I think it's more about profit and tricking the consumer rather than giving the customer to choose.

I don't think that the dealer choice is the best choice for the car. The dealer is using 20W-50 which is old heavy oil. People who used this oil were complaining about a ticking sound inside the engine, and the reason for this is probably the heavy oil that the dealer is forcing us to use.

You keep calling 20w50 OLD HEAVY oil ...

Did you know that your 5w30 at 40*c is actually much thicker (72 cSt ) than 20w50 is at 100*c (18 cSt ) ... ?

Originally Posted by geeman789

I don't think that the dealer choice is the best choice for the car. The dealer is using 20W-50 which is old heavy oil. People who used this oil were complaining about a ticking sound inside the engine, and the reason for this is probably the heavy oil that the dealer is forcing us to use.

You keep calling 20w50 OLD HEAVY oil ...

Did you know that your 5w30 at 40*c is actually much thicker (72 cSt ) than 20w50 is at 100*c (18 cSt ) ... ?

I call it old because of the older cars that use this oil to prevent oil consumption. Also, I couldn't find any 2019 car even in the middle east use this oil anymore. I really don't know why it's considered as an option? Kia owners here in middle east told me that when they used this oil there was a knocking sound in the engine and when they change it to lighter oil the noise was gone. Oil world is really complicated and I really don't know what to choose based on a lot of information that people gave me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back