Ironman (Hercules) All Country A/T?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just came across these, want an AT tire fir my 11 f150... how are they? Anyone run them? Live in Iowa so will get all types of weather. What can I expect? How do the sidewalls hold up? I cant believe the price on these figured it was worth asking.

I got some atturo AT tires for my ram last fall.. drive good and stuff but the sidewall is very squishy, they appear low up front where the bulk of the weight is (not bad but just squishy if that makes sense)

Ironmans SUCK we had them on the Ranger at work for a while. Truly awful tire. It was a highway tread/all-season tire, not an all-terrain, but if the ATs are anyway near as awful as those, you're wasting money.

Otherwise if I'm gonna spend a little more money I'm going with Michelin ltx AT or falken wildpeaks.. just didnt know if these were a diamond in the rough kinda thing? I suppose I'll wait for others that have them or had them to chime in

Originally Posted by sh40674
Otherwise if I'm gonna spend a little more money I'm going with Michelin ltx AT or falken wildpeaks.. just didnt know if these were a diamond in the rough kinda thing? I suppose I'll wait for others that have them or had them to chime in

Quality budget all-terrains include Sumitomo Encounter AT, Hankook Dynapro AT-M, and Falken Wildpeak AT3W.

Last edited:
No experience with the AT's, but I have the iMove gen2 AS on my 300, courtesy of Carmax. They're okay on dry pavement as long as you don't push them too hard, okay in wet but pretty easy to light them up if you push hard, and absolutely friggin useless in the snow. I'd stick to Michelin, Yokohama, or another well known brand personally.

Maybe the AT's are better, I'd sure hope so.
eek.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted by NormanBuntz
The Ironman brand is made by Cooper.
Oh, I didn't know that. I've driven both new & used Cooper tires & enjoy them.... really like Made in the USA tires. I didn't need them immediately, but got four very low profile (35) used Hercules tires for $20. Now, I'm really looking forward to using them. Thank you for the information!

The Ironman brand is made by Cooper. How bad can it be for a value tire?

Ironman is Hercules' cheaper line. A co-worker has them on his Fit and he says they suck, for $100 more at Costco he could have gotten Michelin or Bridgestone he said.

The OP drives a nice truck, I would throw on nicer tires. If an "all-terrain" tire isn't an absolute requirement, I'd look at the tried and true Michelin Defender LTX.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by nthach

Ironman is Hercules' cheaper line. A co-worker has them on his Fit and he says they suck, for $100 more at Costco he could have gotten Michelin or Bridgestone he said.

The OP drives a nice truck, I would throw on nicer tires. If an "all-terrain" tire isn't an absolute requirement, I'd look at the tried and true Michelin Defender LTX.

For only $100.00 more he could have purchased Michelins? What is the size? A 14" tire?

Link please.....

Last edited:
Originally Posted by CKN
Originally Posted by nthach

For only $100.00 more he could have purchased Michelins? What is the size? A 14" tire?

Link please.....

16" tire for a 2007 Fit Sport, and the Mich/Bridgestone price was also based on a Costco rebate. The local shops here push Chinese tires but the price is close to brand name once labor and tax is factored in.

Originally Posted by zzyzzx
Douglas tires......are reasonably priced and usually made in USA.
Heard Douglas tires are made on the same gear as Goodyear tires, before they abandoned the U.S.A. Don't know if Douglas tires are made in the same buildings & use the same workers (NOT at the old pay scale?). I got some used Douglas tires to eventually use on the same car, we now have Goodyear Assurance Comfortreds. Will be difficult for the Douglas tires to be as good as the Comfortreds. We'll see.

The Ironman brand is made by Cooper.
Yes, I admitted earlier that I did not know that Cooper made Ironman tires. & sh40674 already stated that Cooper made Hercules tires. I now I discover that Cooper makes Mastercraft tires, too. From tire-easy.com :
The Cooper Tire Company is the brand who makes Mastercraft Tires, and their name has long been regarded as a trustworthy manufacturer known for creating high-quality products that are dependable and sturdy. Mastercraft Tires are made with the same technology as Cooper Tires.......
//////////
Yes, I just looked at my Mastercraft Strategy tires & they state they were built in the U.S.A. Alright!!!! I said since I started driving my cars on used tires, a high percentage of my tires are made in the U.S.A. Of my present eight used tires on two of my cars, five of them were made in the U.S.A.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by litesong
....Of my present eight used tires on two of my cars, five of them were made in the U.S.A.
Just switched another used tire onto one of the two cars. Now, six of the eight tires are "Made in the U.S.A".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back