Champion Oil Filters any Good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Pinoak
There are some cut and post of those and they look like good filters. Similar to M1.

More than similar since Champion makes the M1 filters.

Originally Posted by PimTac
Originally Posted by Pinoak
There are some cut and post of those and they look like good filters. Similar to M1.

Different Champion I believe. As in Champion spark plugs. The photo I saw on their website looks like a Purolator, but it could be multiple suppliers. I've seen them at Pep Boys and they come in round cardboard tube packaging. Looks like the packaging costs them a small fortune.

[Linked Image]

Some of them look like they're from Champion Labs, while this one looks like a typical Purolator construction.

I recently purchased 10 Champion filters that fit Late Model Ford vehicles FL-500S equivalent. They were made in Mexico, had a heavy can and Silicone ADBV. Hard to beat for $1.33 each.

Spun one on a 2011 F-150 5.0 last weekend.

Originally Posted by y_p_w
Originally Posted by PimTac

Different Champion I believe. As in Champion spark plugs. Some of them look like they're from Champion Labs, while this one looks like a typical Purolator construction.

The ones I have received are 100% exactly the same as Mobil 1.... just in a black can

Originally Posted by Linctex
The ones I have received are 100% exactly the same as Mobil 1.... just in a black can

Made in USA? Champion Labs are made in USA.

Originally Posted by 4WD
Think you guys have two companies mixed …

It's compounded by some of these filters being made by Champion Labs. I would have thought attorneys would have stopped this because of the confusion.

It certainly was/is a well used name … some don't realize the AC Delco brand is a derivative of Albert Champion …

Originally Posted by 4WD
Think you guys have two companies mixed …

Champ and Champion ... is that like Mobil and Mobile ??
laugh.gif

I purchased a few of these for my two rigs for $0.79/ea when they were on clearance at RockAuto a few weeks back. Silicone anti-drainback valve, good efficiency (a claimed 99% per ISO 4548-12) [LINK] and what appears to be good construction. Not bad for .79 cents but I think it's still a great $4-$5 synth/cellulose filter if you can get it for that.

Originally Posted by RonRonnster
... good efficiency (a claimed 99% per ISO 4548-12) [LINK] and what appears to be good construction.

The typical "99%" efficiency with no associated micron size given.

I have seen a legit rating 99 percent at 20 microns for these Champion oil filters.... per ISO etc...

Originally Posted by bbhero
I have seen a legit rating 99 percent at 20 microns for these Champion oil filters.... per ISO etc...

Could be ... link?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back