2019 GMC Syclone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not officially from GM, but still awesome.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Press release: https://specialtyvehicleengineering.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/2019-Syclone-PR.pdf

This is being offered by the same company that did the SLP Camaro's.

Price is $ 40,000, and doesn't include the truck.

Pretty neat truck, looks like a nice package. Probably won't hold value like something GM offered though. Some conversion vehicles kind of hold value, but not usually.

Cool thing though, probably a great value for the second owner. The downside is anything specific to the conversion may be difficult/expensive to replace.

SLP does do nice packages, but $40k for the package alone sounds a little nuts.

Needs to be lower in the back, looks pretty lame tbh. $40000 + the truck and they can't even level it properly or fill the wheel wells to make it look decent.

455hp is also weak for 2019, you can get that power level with a warranty now. Slapping a blower on an otherwise stock mill is so 2007. Syclone = turbo. Turbo = big power with minimal mods, that's what made those GM turbo cars so legendary.

They should have taken the dmax and slapped a bigger turbo on it. They're literally dragging one of the last few truly unique vehicles GM made through the mud to squeeze money out of nostalgics.

How long do you think that stock trans and rear end will hold up?

Originally Posted by tcp71
450hp and 510lb/ft of torque are stock on the 2019 F150 limited and Platinum.

Good point. Probably pushing a lot more weight, though.

Hard to make it that outrageous in this day and age. Plus, not sure the trucks would hold up to much more sadly...

Great idea- just needs a bit more HP and a cheaper price point. I would love one in silver.....

Originally Posted by Ifixyawata
Needs AWD, also.

And lift kit to run 35's ...

It's a photoshop render.

Seriously?

They couldn't even build one... just a single truck... to showcase everything?

Vaporware. My prediction is that not a single one will ever get built.

Originally Posted by john_pifer
450hp and 510lb/ft of torque are stock on the 2019 F150 limited and Platinum.

Good point. Probably pushing a lot more weight, though.

Probably, but not too much with the aluminum body. Even the smallest single cab shortbox F150 can get the 3.5 eco with 375HP and 470lb/ft torque.

Originally Posted by 4WD
Needs AWD, also.

And lift kit to run 35's ...

I mean, I was saying if you're going to call it a Syclone, it should have AWD like the originals did.

It looks pretty cool. The price is outrageous, but I'm sure they will sell 100. You can buy one of these in the middle of KS, and I bet it will blow the doors off the "Syclone":

https://www.long-mcarthur.com/new-Salina-2019-Ford-F+150-LMST-1FTMF1C57KKC33328

650 HP Roush Supercharged 5.0. Full warranty -- all based on a RCSB XL model. I'm not really a fan of lowered trucks with 22" wheels, but I'd take one of these. I'm sure traction is a major problem. Price seems reasonable compared to the "Syclone".

Last edited:
Not a fan of the all black Robo cop look, black rims and black paint, they always look dirty on the streets
smirk2.gif

Originally Posted by kkreit01
It looks pretty cool. The price is outrageous, but I'm sure they will sell 100. You can buy one of these in the middle of KS, and I bet it will blow the doors off the "Syclone":

https://www.long-mcarthur.com/new-Salina-2019-Ford-F+150-LMST-1FTMF1C57KKC33328

650 HP Roush Supercharged 5.0. Full warranty -- all based on a RCSB XL model. I'm not really a fan of lowered trucks with 22" wheels, but I'd take one of these. I'm sure traction is a major problem. Price seems reasonable compared to the "Syclone".

And then there is the RAM Rebel TRX:
https://www.motor1.com/news/315797/new-details-ram-rebel-trx/

707HP.

Needs AWD, also.

It has 4x4.

455 HP might seem weak but don't forget these are a good 1,000 lbs lighter than a full-size truck.

Last edited:
... Even the smallest single cab shortbox F150 can get the 3.5 eco with 375HP and 470lb/ft torque.

I don't think so.

Ford build and price seems to be broken at the moment, but the last time I looked (which was this year) 3.5EB could not be had in standard cab short box. 2.7 or 5.0.

To the topic truck.

Assuming that is what they actually build, it is not a bad looking truck...

a Syclone is black and AWD period. It is isn't black and AWD it isn't a Syclone.

Also, it you want it with 35's and jacked up, it isn't a Syclone either.

If they can get it to blow up during dealer transfer, it might get honorary Syclone status.

Of course there is always this:

[Linked Image]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back