AC DELCO "PROFESSIONAL" PF 64 CUT OPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good evening folks. This filter and I'll guess AC DELCO 5W30 DEXOS 1 GEN2 judging by sticker was in and on friends 2008 Chevrolet Suburban for 5xxx miles. Put PPHM 10W30 and a FRAM ULTRA in and on he supplied. Vehicle has over 200k on it. Basically a E CORE with metal end caps
wink.gif

20190418_182219.jpg

20190418_182235.jpg

20190418_182424.jpg

20190418_182452.jpg

20190418_182458.jpg

20190418_182518.jpg

20190418_182532.jpg

20190418_182551.jpg

Interesting. I just purchased one of these to get a look at one and suspected it was an Ecore with metal end caps due to the metal ridge I observed when taking a peek through the outlet hole.

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by LMG1
Interesting. I just purchased one of these to get a look at one and suspected it was an Ecore with metal end caps due to the metal ridge I observed when taking a peek through the outlet hole.

[Linked Image]

YUP, and surprisingly it looks very good IMO

This is the same design as the new Champ made ST 9688 posted by 53 here. Looks like ACDelco using it too now. Was trying to remember if a similar ACD had been posted here before.

Looks pretty good at 5k miles. And no combo valve. Thanks for c&p.

Originally Posted by Sayjac
This is the same design as the new Champ made ST 9688 posted by 53 here. Looks like ACDelco using it too now. Was trying to remember if a similar ACD had been posted here before.

Jack: I have not saw any of these style filter posted here til I did this c&p

Wemay, it does indeed look excellent and you folks are welcome
smile.gif

I know what it was now. If you read the link thread about the ST9688 I make the comment there, "Wonder if ACDelco for GM will now go to this design and get rid of the felt/fiber endcap on their ecores." It appears that's what's happened. Since the AC Delco ecore used a poppet type bypass already, seemed to make sense.

I know what it was now. If you read the link thread about the ST9688 I make the comment there, "Wonder if ACDelco for GM will now go to this design and get rid of the felt/fiber endcap on their ecores." It appears that's what's happened. Since the AC Delco ecore used a poppet type bypass already, seemed to make sense.

Yeah, I looked back and see that. Thanks
smile.gif

Pretty cool design actually. The Ecore center tubes are made well these days and the window size is smaller so media blow-through doen't seem to be an issue like it was in the early days of the Ecore filters. Good C&P Stude.

I agree ... but for whatever reason the factory filters have the metal end and base end bypass - both of my L83's (2017/2018) were like that and another member posted that recently ... You think they just don't want assembly debris in the "sump" during a cold start up in the north? (sump being the dome end where the standard PRV is)

I have now used several PF63e's with fiber ends ... and have to say these end caps stay straight - and the bonding can be seen through the material.
Pleats are even - ADBV are always pristine. I just got a case and when I get back to the USA - plan to cut a new one and will post.
Yeah, they are no Fram Ultra - but certainly above the orange can - so PF63e's are what I'm going to roll with while under warranty ... and that way the low PSI stock of XG10575's have time to purge ...

Last edited:
That's what came out of my Equinox .Installed Wix WL10290 . Will have no prlblem using PF64 or Baldwin B7422 all have 20psi . Talked with a Baldwin rep few years back about Nitrile gaskets , his reply was rigs use them a lot longer service that Cars & Pick Up trucks , much ado about nothing . As of now the main thing is to use an oil filter that comply with Specs that are what's called for no guesswork . Patman you should have no problem getting Baldwin filters for your Vette no compromise .

Last edited:
That's what came out of my Equinox .Installed Wix WL10290 . Will have no prlblem using PF64 or Baldwin B7422 all have 20psi . Talked with a Baldwin rep few years back about Nitrile gaskets , his reply was rigs use them a lot longer service that Cars & Pick Up trucks , much ado about nothing . As of now the main thing is to use an oil filter that comply with Specs that are what's called for no guesswork . Patman you should have no problem getting Baldwin filters for your Vette no compromise .

Too bad it hasn't a silicone ADBV.
Because it don't, I left it on the Walmart store shelf. I would pay $5 for it - instead of $2, had it came with silicone.

For me ,Silicone ADBV no issue will change every 6 months . Used Baldwin filters for last 25 years never had any problems no Silicone ADBV . I know exactly whar I am getting . You can use Wix WL10290 it have a Silicone ABDV , knock yourself .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back