TC-W3 Oil add to fuel in vehicle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Project Farm he ran 1 part TCW3 to 4 parts gas in the lawnmower and then showed the results afterward and it was no worse than the 80:1 he used prior to that.

What it seems to do is liquify the carbon so it keeps it in a loose state versus the dryer carbon without its use that you see in his other videos.
This would be a good thing I would think.

I asked him if he would run 500:1 and show us those results. Hoping he will.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLW5KEslF3A

Last edited:
Mileage continues to be excellent on the van at 500:1 ratio. I've burned another couple tanks. Definitely keeping this in the fuel here forward.

Been running TC-W3 at 640:1 in the Silverado for about 8-9 years. No cat problems yet (granted, these are aftermarket cats, the factory cats were replaced 10-11 years ago.
Weird that I had clogged cats BEFORE I ever used TC-W3, but I've been fine ever since!

I also run TC-W3 at 480:1 in the lawnmower and generator.

I've never tried TC-W3 in the Mazda.

I haven't noticed a mileage difference between any of the varoius brands of TC-W3 - but the cheapo Super-Tech from WM stinks and is less fun to work with. My favorite two are Pennzoil XLF and Cabela's - just because they look and smell cleaner and are easier to work with.

I find it almost impossible to find the gallon size TC-W3 oils up here. I can find quart and the tiny bottles no problem but they want stupid money for them. I have been using the Amsoil Injector HP to date because I had Amsoil reward points so I used that to buy it. At 500:1 it's costing me $2 CDN per full tank of fuel if I paid full price to Amsoil for it, which is more than fine because work pays for my fuel.
grin2.gif

The mileage continues to be excellent and the engine is so quiet and has so little vibration at the lights it's hard to tell it's running most of the time.
It also feels a tad bit peppier on the highway like it's pulling better. Anecdotal butt-dyno "feelings" and not scientific I know but I could swear it's better.

The other thing I noticed is that when you first turn the key on you can't hear the fuel pump prime the system under the floor in the back of the van any longer so it must be having some sort of lubricating effect on the pump quieting it down, and the engine oil doesn't seem to be darkening at the same rate using TC-W3 at 500:1 in the gas as it would normally darken not using it. I check my oil at every fuel fill-up so I'm aware of when and how quickly it darkens at 500km intervals and there is definitely a difference. Whether this leads to positive changes other than just cosmetic who knows but I'm interested to do a UOA on this fill when it's drained out to see what effect it might have had.

I'm going to keep using it, I've seen enough to make me happy.
grin2.gif

Last edited:
I added tcw3 to fuel several years ago and for a couple months. I recently started up again for no other reason than "feels good man". I've been adding it to a 99 6.0L Silverado that is well worn in.
I do feel a smoothness in idle vs. not using it. 1oz. /5 gal.

Petro-Canada (or other distributors) might have a more sensible size available than most ordinary brick and mortar stores. I get snowmobile oil in a 4 or 5 L jug without a problem, though that's not technically TC-W3.

Canadian Tire has 4 or 5L jugs of their house-brand TCW-3 oil.
As you know, watch for sales to get best price.

They also have large jugs of other brands.

Certainly can't find a gallon here in PA, at least not south PA Walmart. But those super tech quart bottles last me a while.

Originally Posted by addyguy
Canadian Tire has 4 or 5L jugs of their house-brand TCW-3 oil.
As you know, watch for sales to get best price.

They also have large jugs of other brands.

Yeah I had a look today when I was looking for "Shelf Oil" and they only had the single quarts on the shelf. There wasn't even a price tag for the 5L. Walmart was the same and PartSource didn't even have any.
smirk2.gif

REALLY HATE our selection in this city.

Observation now that I have run through about 1/2 gallon of TC-W3 in the Caravan is that the exhaust tip which had ever so light carbon sooting ring on the inside edge of the tail pipe, has now gone to a sandy dusty appearance with no carbon ring.

The mileage continues to be excellent even with spirited driving.

Last edited:
I haven't been a big additive user in my Honda. I have used Techron every year or two, but that is about it. I just got finished a Techron treatment and it is running smoothly, quietly and vibration free at idle. It is running so smoothly that I almost engaged the starter with the engine running when I picked my daughter up at the train station.

I decided to give Pennzoil Marine semi-synthetic TC-W3 oil at 1:700. I have only driven 75 miles or so. My immediate observation is that the "clicky" injectors are noticeably quieter. I don't consider "clicky" injectors to be a problem, just normal for Honda injectors. Seems to be running the same as after the Techron treatment.

Yeah I have "clicky" injectors in the PentaStar, especially when the engine is cold and it has quieted them down a lot. If the hood is closed I can't hear them at all and I used to be able to.

I've e-mailed Amsoil to ask them a couple questions about their HP Marine Injector rated 2-stroke oil. I told them how I'm using it and asked the following questions.

1)Does this oil have cleaning agents in it and would using it with Top-Tier fuel in a 4-stroke application have more of a cleaning effect than using Top-Tier fuel alone.

And if it doesn't, then...

2)Is there any harm mixing their Amsoil P.I. product with this 2-stroke oil if I wanted to use it at regular intervals to keep the fuel system components clean or should I run a couple tanks of straight fuel before adding the P.I.

I assume the P.I. should mix with the 2-stroke oil no problem because it's mainly just high levels of PEA with some Ester in it but as I don't know the exact composition it might have undesired effects mixing it with 2 stroke oil so I wanted to err on the side of caution and ask them. They are really great getting back to folks with this information.

I'll update this thread with what they say.

Last edited:
Finally a good weather day so I can share what TC-W3 did to my tailpipe on the van. There was a minor carbon soot ring here previously.

20190418_142819.jpg

20190418_142823.jpg

20190418_142828.jpg

Stevie - in the diesel world, folks mix injector cleaner with 2SO all the time.

You *should* be just fine on a gasser.

If in doubt, alternating tanks with each, I reckon.

Personally, I like steam cleaning my gassers & using a cleaner/lubricity all in one on any of my diesels that have fuel lubricated injection pumps.

And oh yeah - let me know when you'd like me to send you a 6" mitre cut hood stack for the Caravan
13.gif

Originally Posted by ofelas
I can install a 4BT into your ride over an afternoon and a few beers.

Caravan rolling coal :-D

lol.gif
Nah I'm good... Thanks though.

How did 2stroke oil clean your tailpipe? Not being rude but you seem to have more problems with vehicles than anybody I've ever seen

Originally Posted by BigShug681
How did 2stroke oil clean your tailpipe? Not being rude but you seem to have more problems with vehicles than anybody I've ever seen

I'm not saying it cleaned the tail pipe perse but it modified something so now it no longer exists like it did before. I'm also seeing slight mileage gains so it might be better atomizing the fuel or providing better ring seal. I have no idea. It's just an observation of before and after... I'm quite happy to run without it and see if the soot ring re-appears.

Amsoil is aware that I'm using this in a 4-stroke application as I checked for comparability with the catalyst prior even though no one on here running TC-w3 seems to have problems with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back