rotella t4 vs delo

Status
Not open for further replies.
For a powersports application such as motocross bikes sport atv's like 450r's, is there much of a difference between t4 15w40 and delo 15w40?

In my humble opinion, my specific bike likes T4 better than T5 or T6 for whatever reason. 400 Miles after the oil change it was shifting hard with Delo. 2001 Honda XR650R Dirt bike.

So I'll say to try both and see which one resists the notchy/ missing shifts better.

I ran a Suzuki VZ800 Maruader to 84,000 miles with plain ol' cheap 15W-40.

The engine was the only thing left that was good on that bike.

Originally Posted by 1978elcamino
For a powersports application such as motocross bikes sport atv's like 450r's, is there much of a difference between t4 15w40 and delo 15w40?

In my CRF450 i changed the oil every 150 miles as it only held 1/2 quart.. I felt that was a fair trade $2 for 150 miles of fun.

I used Rotella as it always has a better add pack and has JASO label.

Originally Posted by Linctex
I ran a Suzuki VZ800 Maruader to 84,000 miles with plain ol' cheap 15W-40.

The engine was the only thing left that was good on that bike.

I have to respectfully say that motocross bikes are usually beat on compared to road bikes. I was just wondering if Rotella is a better choice for extreme conditions or high performance applications vs Delo

Rotella since it has the certifications. Last I checked, Delo did not have any JASO ratings at all for wet clutch/shared sump use. It may work, but why risk an expensive engine on a trial when you don't need to?

Used Rotella extensively in all my bikes, quads, and yard equipment over the years with zero problems to report. All except the old Harley I had because Shell don't make a 20W60 motorcycle oil for an old school Shovelhead H-D! Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back