A Pair Of Beretta 92 Compacts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by bubbatime
I'd throw a G conversion kit in one of them.

https://www.berettausa.com/en-us/beretta-g-lever-kit/

How would that be any different than what I have now? If the hammer is cocked, and I move the lever to "Safe", it will automatically decock the hammer. What does the "G Kit" do differently, eliminate the "Safe" position so the gun will fire double action in that same position, after the hammer is dropped by activating the decock?

The G kit turns it into a decocker only. You flip it down to decocker and it automatically flips back up into fire position.

quote=billt460]
Originally Posted by bubbatime
I'd throw a G conversion kit in one of them.

https://www.berettausa.com/en-us/beretta-g-lever-

kit/

How would that be any different than what I have now? If the hammer is cocked, and I move the lever to "Safe", it will automatically decock the hammer. What does the "G Kit" do differently, eliminate the "Safe" position so the gun will fire double action in that same position, after the hammer is dropped by activating the decock?
[/quote]

Originally Posted by JasonC
The G kit turns it into a decocker only. You flip it down to decocker and it automatically flips back up into fire position.

Got it. That's what I thought. Here they are with the factory Beretta Walnut grips. Much better. Today they go to the range!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I got to the range early this morning, and started dropping the hammer on the new Beretta's at 7:00 AM sharp. It was a perfect day with no wind. Just warm enough. Both guns ran like the wind. 200 rounds each, (400 total), and not one FTF or FTE from either of them. I had a bunch of different magazines with me. 4, 13 rounders that were supplied with both guns. 2, 15 round Beretta's, and 4, 17 round Mec-Gars I had laying around.

All ran beautifully, and all locked the slide back after the last round. No malfunctions from any of them. The ammo was Remington 115 gr. FMJ Training ammo. (200 rounds). And Winchester 124 gr. NATO, (200 rounds). I shot pretty much an equal amount of each through each pistol. Or at least tried to. The NATO ammo was noticeably hotter, with a lot more snap.

All shooting was at 25 yards, and both of the pistols printed dead on with a shallow 6 O'clock hold. I shot each gun until it was reasonably warm, then let it cool while I went at it with the other one. Neither gun got very warm. Between one sitting while the other was banging, and the time it took to reload all the magazines, they stayed pretty cool. After 400 rounds I was tired of stuffing magazines, and called it a day.

I'm very happy with both pistols. They're accurate, and hit where they're supposed to. And both ran with 100% boring reliability. And I really can't ask for better than that. Especially for the price!

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by billt460
I got to the range early this morning, and started dropping the hammer on the new Beretta's at 7:00 AM sharp. It was a perfect day with no wind. Just warm enough. Both guns ran like the wind. 200 rounds each, (400 total), and not one FTF or FTE from either of them. I had a bunch of different magazines with me. 4, 13 rounders that were supplied with both guns. 2, 15 round Beretta's, and 4, 17 round Mec-Gars I had laying around.

All ran beautifully, and all locked the slide back after the last round. No malfunctions from any of them. The ammo was Remington 115 gr. FMJ Training ammo. (200 rounds). And Winchester 124 gr. NATO, (200 rounds). I shot pretty much an equal amount of each through each pistol. Or at least tried to. The NATO ammo was noticeably hotter, with a lot more snap.

All shooting was at 25 yards, and both of the pistols printed dead on with a shallow 6 O'clock hold. I shot each gun until it was reasonably warm, then let it cool while I went at it with the other one. Neither gun got very warm. Between one sitting while the other was banging, and the time it took to reload all the magazines, they stayed pretty cool. After 400 rounds I was tired of stuffing magazines, and called it a day.

I'm very happy with both pistols. They're accurate, and hit where they're supposed to. And both ran with 100% boring reliability. And I really can't ask for better than that. Especially for the price!

[Linked Image]

That's pretty impressive at 25 yards.

It gives me some motivation to start practicing for my Black Badge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back