Nobody sells oil drain bolt washers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
Originally Posted by littlehulkster
Couldn't you just go to the hardware store and buy a washer of the correct size? I doubt they're anything special.

That said, I don't think I've ever changed one, and as long as your vehicle doesn't leak oil from the plug, I don't see any reason to.

Nope, these would be hard to find at a typical hardware. They have a ton of daylight in the middle. Mostly all daylight., unless when it's pitch-black in the room..... lol

I bought a 10-pk this morning at the Kia dealer. Service counter did not give any dirty looks, when I mentioned it was for their Kia Sedona's sister...... my Hyundai Santa Fe, with the same 2.4 GDI engine as their Kia.
He asked me if I was a first time shopper and I said yes. Showed him the ignition key for my Hyundai and told him I was still a zero-time shopper at the Hyundai dealer.

Assuming you have accurate numbers on the ID,OD and width (look it up on Doorman's website, they give accurate information), I'd be willing to bet Lowes has a washer that would fit for cheap. Seriously, these aren't some magical super washer, and bolts this size or bigger aren't exactly uncommon in other industries.

When people come in and ask for a bunch of Mazda ones I have to charge them. When they buy an oil filter OTC, I toss one in the box and just mention that is what is rattling around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back