2018 Tacoma: M1 EP 0W-20, 10K Miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm running this oil as well. My dilemma is whether to have the OCI at 6 months or 10K miles.......

I don't drive on the highways and my daily routine is all short trips.

What do you guys think?

afree -
You're averaging right around 1ppm/1k miles of Fe, and the other wear metals are so low they are not worth discussing. You can try 5w-30, but just how much "better" do you think it might get, anyway? And this is with only 20k miles on the vehicle? Your wear is so absurdly low that you'll probably wear this engine out, in another 980k miles ....

Last edited:
Originally Posted by tig1
I use M1 0-20 in my Ford 2.3 and 2.5 year round and it gets hotter here in Illinois than Florida. Including my 2.0 in my 2007 Focus I have now put about 480K in my Fords using M1 0-20 oils.

Put over 300K miles on my 5.0 [5w30] and 4.6 [5w20] Panthers using M1. Now using 0w20 M1 in my 5.3 Tahoe. I live in constant jungle heat in 24/7 gridlocked Miami Beach.

Originally Posted by afree
Think I should change to a 5W-30 or keep it the same? I replaced it with another around on M1 EP after this sample was taken.

If your Tacoma sees mostly light duty, I would keep using the M1 EP 0w20. If you do much hauling/towing, drive aggressively or have high ambient temperatures (100F+), you might switch to a 5w30 but ONLY if allowed under warranty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back