Marine Engine Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if anyone has seen the new thread about there being a new Supertech 25w40 synthetic blend marine oil.
I don't know much about marine oil, but this looks like it would work alongside HDEO. Might be more shear stable and thicker as a 40 weight.

Any Thoughts?

Used RP HPM 10w30 … FC-W … they stopped making it …
Used Pennzoil Marine 10w30 … FC-W … so it's gone too …

Have some Delvac 1 5w40 leftovers …
… waved my cyber wand and it's now NMMA approved …

25W-40...sounds like straight 40 + some marketing
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Kamele0N
25W-40...sounds like straight 40 + some marketing
smile.gif

Yes, Mercury is anti VM and that's a favorite of theirs …

Unless you're going to be driving your MC through water I don't see any advantage to it.

Marine lubes generally have extra demulsifiers, foam inhibitors, and rust and corrosion inhibitors for fresh and sea water operation where water intrusion could be a problem.

Are the demulsifiers, foam inhibitors, rust and corrosion inhibitors at the same level as motorcycle oil or HDEO?

Supertech 25w40 virgin sample contains the same universal averages as a Auto oil the only negative is 7ppm Iron... chemically speaking it should meet and exceed your mileage expectations...
[Linked Image]

a voa contains iron?
that is mighty odd!

any what if you use it in an atv that gets submerged in creeks/ponds/lakes often? maybe a marine oil might be good.
heck us enduro/gncc guys sometimes have to cross water thats above the motor!

Originally Posted by sunruh
a voa contains iron?
that is mighty odd!

I believe that's a type of corrosion inhibitor in the VOA.

Originally Posted by sunruh
any what if you use it in an atv that gets submerged in creeks/ponds/lakes often? maybe a marine oil might be good.
heck us enduro/gncc guys sometimes have to cross water thats above the motor!

Haha, I mean hey, that's what I was thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back