Avengers 4 : EndGame

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Smokescreen
Originally Posted by MCompact
I quit attending when theaters went to color and stereo sound. Black and white film with monaural sound is a much simpler and reliable medium.

simpler and reliable medium for you to process...or was this decided on on principle alone?

With the same reasoning you should be driving a Model T

Or pushing up daises.

I'm studying quantum mechanics just for the mental challenge. Unfortunately I picked a bad subject as it seems that no one understands quantum mechanics.

Originally Posted by CT8
I Find movies boring . It seems like they all have the same plot. If you have seen one you have seen them all.

That's pretty much my opinion of superhero movies, though Wonder Woman wasn't that bad. We accidentally saw the last Avengers movie (it just happened to be the movie showing when we went to the drive-in last year), but have no great desire to see what happens in the next one.

Originally Posted by RamFan

A lot has changed since then
lol.gif

[Linked Image]

That's not what a theater looks like. Someone photo shopped that pic. Also, look at the floor, IT'S CLEAN! When I used to go to the movies your shoes would come off when walking between the aisles and seats, due to the floor being so sticky!

Looking forward to it myself! Love the MCU movies, but likely won't be until a week or two after release when the theater is less crowded and swarmed with annoying children.

Meh, these cookie cutter movies aren't for me. The current cast is getting old literally and figuratively, so the "universe" will encounter worm holes, time paradoxes, magical aliens or whatever else they dream up to introduce new cast/characters. Rinse and repeat...

Last edited:
Also, whatever was the last one, age of Ultron or something like that, yeah pushing genocide as "kind of bad", but ultimately good since the guy sort of was sorry for his daughter, that wasn't his, but instead kidnapped as a child, and did all of this for ultimate good of the universe.

Sounds familiar? It should to those that pay some attention.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Wolf359
Originally Posted by BlueOvalFitter
Okay, y'all try not to laugh at me too much.I haven't been in a movie theater since 1987.
27.gif

There's lots of promos for watching movies these days. AMC has $5 Tuesdays where all the regular movies are $5 every Tuesday. I'm told other local chains also have their own promos. Last time i went to one, I think a lot of other people pay the $5 and then end up sneaking in to watch another movie as I thought the theater was going to be mostly empty but 10 minutes after all the previews started, a bunch of people came in and the movie theater was 3/4 full.

i go to AMC theaters to watch a movie twice a month on tuesday for $5. mines does assigned seating now and its hard to movie jump with popular movies . Since the chinese company bought amc they have been updating a lot of the theaters to the recliners in the pix

Originally Posted by WhyMe
Originally Posted by Wolf359
Originally Posted by BlueOvalFitter
Okay, y'all try not to laugh at me too much.I haven't been in a movie theater since 1987.
27.gif

There's lots of promos for watching movies these days. AMC has $5 Tuesdays where all the regular movies are $5 every Tuesday. I'm told other local chains also have their own promos. Last time i went to one, I think a lot of other people pay the $5 and then end up sneaking in to watch another movie as I thought the theater was going to be mostly empty but 10 minutes after all the previews started, a bunch of people came in and the movie theater was 3/4 full.

i go to AMC theaters to watch a movie twice a month on tuesday for $5. mines does assigned seating now and its hard to movie jump with popular movies . Since the chinese company bought amc they have been updating a lot of the theaters to the recliners in the pix

That may be why people are jumping in late. People who have assigned seats will already be in them so they can sneak in and sit on the sides or the fronts which aren't that popular. I've gone in late and seen shows at 9 or 10pm and sometimes they're still full.

Originally Posted by KrisZ
Meh, these cookie cutter movies aren't for me. The current cast is getting old literally and figuratively, so the "universe" will encounter worm holes, time paradoxes, magical aliens or whatever else they dream up to introduce new cast/characters. Rinse and repeat...

Yeah, they're just mindless fun, check your brain at the door.

What are the odds that out of 2 trillion galaxies in the universe each of whom may be 100-400 billion stars where there's only 6 stones that two of them would be on Earth? And of course that's just the observable universe, if the unobservable universe is at least 250 times greater, in terms of cubic volume, that's 15 million times more so multiply that by 2 trillion. And the unobservable may actually be 1000 times greater in volume which would make that a billion times greater.

Originally Posted by Silk
[Linked Image]

The best and original Avengers!! edit: (well maybe not original, came out '65 and the comics first appeared '63...but still)

Steed with his steel topped bowler.
thumbsup2.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted by JLTD
Originally Posted by Silk
[Linked Image]

The best and original Avengers!! edit: (well maybe not original, came out '65 and the comics first appeared '63...but still)

Steed with his steel topped bowler.
thumbsup2.gif

Those were the real Avengers. Great show!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back