Crazy Neighbor....part deux

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Schmoe
The laser thing....wouldn't that be unlawful?

Yes, you would be destroying/vandalizing her property and it would be on video up until you fried them.

Re: the statues the BMW posted. Looks like it is regarding cameras in rest rooms etc. Most of the time if you can video something from a place you are legally allowed to be (property or public space) you are ok to do it. OK wiretapping laws might apply:

from https://www.detectiveservices.com/2012/02/state-by-state-recording-laws/
Oklahoma - A person may intercept a wire, oral, or electronic communication when the person is a party to the conversation or when one party to the conversation has given prior consent.

Again, atty could help here.

Last edited:
RE the Okla statutes, what is clandestine about cameras in plain view? Now if she was hiding them in bushes or something.. Seems like you'd have to prove "any illegal, illegitimate, prurient, lewd or lascivious purpose".

Taller fence? Most municipalities have rules about how high a residential fence can be.

Here's part one of the saga from 3 years ago. Not sure I'd do anything to escalate the situation. Since it's already pretty bad. Another option is to move if it's really bad.

Originally Posted by Schmoe
I'm at wits end. Neighbor lady, 70 something years old, had been a great neighbor since we moved there in 1999. I mean, she'd give my daughter Easter baskets, presents, etc. etc. She recently had knee replacement surgery and then all went to [censored]. Every time we're outside, she bangs on the windows or slams her storm doors very loudly for about 5 minutes. She's moved yard ornaments to my yard saying that it's her property, even though it's clearly not. She's since put 3 video cameras in her front yard all aimed at my front yard. I was in the alley way last night raking up some leaves, I look over my shoulder, and she's standing there on her property hold a camcorder recording me. [censored]?? Her husband is no help and is a complete moron. I was out in the alley way two months ago with a steel tape measure double checking the property boundaries from common points, I have the original plats. She came in the alley way, went to grab my wifes face, wife told her to back off, grabbed my tape measure, ran into her yard trying to pull the tape measure away from me. I warned her repeatedly to let go, but she kept on, so I finally yanked it hard enough and it cut her arms and hands. She starts screaming...mind you, I'm in the alley way, not on her property.....she grabbed the end of the tape and ran into her yard and shut her gate. I did not go into her yard. Anyway, I called the cops and that was it. She walks over to neighbors across the street and screaming "Look what he did to me". Geesh. Everytime we come outside, she goes outside, I guess she just sits and watches the videos. I have a 12 year old daughter. Yesterday, my wife was leaving in her car and she comes out in her front yard and starts mimicking a monkey like dance in front of my wife as she passed by in her car. It's getting worse. At some point if her crazy arshe steps in my yard, she may get shot. I don't know what to do. I've researched harassment and privacy, but so far, no laws have really been broken. Ya'll got anything??? I've recently installed video cameras in my front yard also.

Sounds like a family of inbreds. Like another poster said,there's no taking what kind of shenanigans are going on inside that crypt they live in. You mentioned they have kids I think. Call cps on them.

Originally Posted by Virtus_Probi
Schmoe, you should mow your lawn in a Speedo!
;^)

Schmoe would look sexy in a Speedo cutting the lawn

;^)

I was thinking hot pink thong. Try to face away from the camera while you pull start that mower.
Issue should be resolved within 1/2 hour methinks. If she knows what's good for her.

;^)

;^)

I would talk to a lawyer.. I don't think she can record on your property without your consent. We have to adjust our cameras based on the location due to this. At home my camera's just see to the edge of my property and no further, and doesn't look in any windows. Bright directed lights can take care of it.

Looks like she suffered a brain issue during the knee surgery. This can happen especially with the elderly during anaesthesia.
I am doubtful that her cameras are malicious. I would just learn to live with it and accept it as an unfortunate fact. She doesn't seem to be breaking any laws and putting up a fence might actually help ease her concerns of you trying to usurp her property.
Of course, there is a possibility that she will claim that the fence is on her property.

Like Alfred_B said, she may have developed brain issues from the antisthesia, after her knee surgery. In some people Alzheimer's or dementia are triggered after surgery. I would contact a lawyer on the matter. We don't need to see you or your neighbor on the Discovery ID channel.

Originally Posted by NYSteve
Yes, you would be destroying/vandalizing her property and it would be on video up until you fried them.

Do it at 2AM.

FIXED.

Its all part of a diabolical plot to get you to move so her offspring can buy the house next door... Get your own bright LED's and point them at her cameras. those cheap cams don't deal well with high dynamic range so they will be blinded.

Originally Posted by CT8
Schmoe, you should mow your lawn in a Speedo! ;^)

Relaaaaax. We get it, you've got a thing for the guy!

I don't have any suggestions but I can't possibly imagine having to deal with that stress on a daily basis. I truly hope that this gets resolved soon.

Originally Posted by road_rascal
I don't have any suggestions but I can't possibly imagine having to deal with that stress on a daily basis. I truly hope that this gets resolved soon.

I have a neighbor that surveils far more thoroughly than cameras can ever do. It's not stressful if you take it as just a feature of your neighborhood.

Originally Posted by Kawiguy454
Its all part of a diabolical plot to get you to move so her offspring can buy the house next door... Get your own bright LED's and point them at her cameras. those cheap cams don't deal well with high dynamic range so they will be blinded.

Yeah this but get INFARED LEDs, preferably strobing. The camera will pick them up, but she won't see them herself.

This.

Originally Posted by eljefino

Yeah this but get INFRARED LEDs, preferably strobing. The camera will pick them up, but she won't see them herself.

And this.

Take lots of pictures and probably talk to a lawyer.

Originally Posted by Alfred_B
Looks like she suffered a brain issue during the knee surgery. This can happen especially with the elderly during anaesthesia.
I am doubtful that her cameras are malicious. I would just learn to live with it and accept it as an unfortunate fact. She doesn't seem to be breaking any laws and putting up a fence might actually help ease her concerns of you trying to usurp her property.
Of course, there is a possibility that she will claim that the fence is on her property.

That's a good point. Is there a way to have someone from the city or county come out and verify the property line, so that's on record before you start building the fence?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back