Troubles with Mint Mobile formerly Miny Sim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's what happened; I lost my phone 3 weeks ago.I put my Mint Mobile acct on hold due to the fact that someone was using my phone. I then ordered a replacement sim card and another phone. I then called Mint Mobile to reactivate my new sim card and all they keep telling me is that they're working on it and to wait 24 hours. I waited, nothing. I then called back and they gave me the same line, to wait another 48-72 hours. I then called back, and guess what, THE SAME THING!!!! They are working on it. They told me now that they escalated to priority 1. By now I have already called 6 times and STILL NO RESULTS!!! The same lines!!! I prepaid and I still have 210 days left according to them and to top it off they won't refund my money or give me a credit!!!!! I bought the sim card directly from them.This is ******it!!!! STAY AWAY FROM MINT !!!!!!

Had a similar experience. Twice. Defective phone the second time.

Plus customer "service" closed on the weekend.

So much for always looking for ways to save money.

I have a Tracfone as a mobile and a Walmart Family phone for long conversations with family and friends and as a "land line".

I tried, about a year ago to port my number over to mint as they had the best unlimited monthly charge. After two weeks. and a bunch of excuses, they couldn't do it. I gave up. How are they still in business?

I never trust a mvno with my main telephone line.

Port it to google voice and just forward that to whatever burner phone you are using.

Currently I am using cricket.

Originally Posted by JustinH
I never trust a mvno with my main telephone line.

Port it to google voice and just forward that to whatever burner phone you are using.

Currently I am using cricket.

Cricket, even as a "reseller/second hand" of line access, is part of AT&T.

The downside of low cost MVNO is third tier customer service. The reality is 97% of time it goes perfectly so it does not matter.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back