Ford CK-4 Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm also of the opinion that the wear problems the 6.7 motor experiences when using a CK4 HDEO containing
I've been a Ford pickup owner my entire life, and I'm very disappointed in Ford's handling, - or mishandling of this.

If I were to buy a Ford pickup with a 6.7 diesel engine, under warranty, I'd certainly cover my tail, and use one of the CK4 oils on their list of recommended oils.

I use 10W30 and 15W40 P66 Guardol ECT in my Semi Truck, which is a semi-synthetic and it's also on Ford's approved list for their 6.7 diesel. I buy it from a local distributor. I get the 15W40 in bulk, so it's quite a bit cheaper by the gallon than the big three's conventional oils per gallon jug at Walmart. The price per gallon of Guardol ECT 10W30 from my distributor is still under the price per gallon of Rotella T5 or Delo XLE 10W30 at Walmart. If I wanted to save even more money, I'd run P66 Fleet Supreme EC, which is also on Ford's approved oils list.

I'm looking to buy what is probably the last pickup I'll own, and I've actually looked quite a bit at Dodge, GMC, and Chevy's pickups. I'm going with a 1/2 ton, with a gas powered engine. It's going to take a lot for me to look at a Ford, even a gas powered pickup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back